Join me in wishing California CMI® William Jerry Pontius a happy birthday. Member for nearly 9 years

Happy birthday @wpontius! William Jerry has been with InterNACHI® for nearly 9 years!

Nice website: http://accreditedpropertyinspection.com

1 Like

Thank You!

I was a CREIA member for 4 years prior to joining NACHI. Joining NACHI has expanded my capability to learn about every subject imaginable and it’s right here, at my fingertips. I send everyone who asks how to become a certified home inspector to this site!

Tell Nick he owes me some cake! :birthday: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Jerry!

3 Likes

Happy birthday Jerry.

1 Like

Happy Birthday William !!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday William!

4 Likes

Happy birthday William! BTW my brother’s name is Jerry Pontius as well. Where does your family originate from? Tim Pontius

1 Like

Hi Tim,

That’s cool. I use my middle name (Jerry) My Dad’s name is Bill. We are from Ohio, although I was just 3 1/2 when we came to California. It’s definitely a rare name, although I’m often surprised how many I find.
Some of our family have done the genealogy and discovered that all Pontius’ in America originated with two brothers, who fled Germany by way of France in the 1700s. The way I heard it, they were being religiously persecuted by Catholics (they being Protestant) and actually vandalized a Church before fleeing to France.
They were chased in France and hopped a ship to Philadelphia…
Anyhow, that’s where it began according to my family.

What area are you working in?

1 Like

We hail from the same brothers! (Nicholas and I can’t remember) I have heard that story as well. I work in Washington state north of Spokane. My grandfather came from Peabody Kansas and was a farmer.

1 Like

Washington State, my parents lives up there! Spokane is a ways east of them, they are in the White Salmon area (across from Hood River, Oregon)

How’s the inspection business going up there? An old friend of mine has been doing it in the Vancouver area.
Tells me you have to do a termite inspection with the home inspection…

Hopefully you’re kicking some butt up there!

1 Like

Been to White Salmon! I’m in a pretty remote area but do go down to Spokane to do inspections. Been slow lately but I have another income stream. We don’t have to do termite inspections with a home inspection here. Well tests and septic tests are common though. I may need to get those certifications…

1 Like

Happy birthday, William.
Wishing you nearly 9 More Years :grinning:, & More of course, @INACHI.

2 Likes

Hopefully we can meet up there some day. My Dad will be stoked to hear about some other Pontius’ living up there.
Keep getting the certs, and you’ll always have ways to earn some dough!

Stay in touch!!

1 Like

Thanks Robert!!

My brother Jerry lives in Lancaster. Is that anywhere near where you are?

1 Like

That’s a little ways out there, a couple hour drive north from me. I’m in So Cal right on the Orange, Riverside & LA county lines.
I sure wouldn’t have guessed there was another Jerry Pontius this close!

1 Like

If you’re ever out that way look him up! Cheers