Just Got my Certificate Now what?

Good evening guys, new to this business did the mock inspections and realized I actually like this business. But my biggest question is now what I want this to be my business and I am ready to work even in this pandemic. Any suggestion and direction to get this business going. I am located in Georgia.

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Dennis!..Enjoy! :smile:

Thanks Larry, working on the Commercial Inspectors side as well.

Dennis, contact some CMIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring.

Here is the link: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And another link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

Hello Dennis,
Congratulations!
Check out InterNACHI’s Busines Dev link located on your InterNACHI dashboard.
Here’s the link: InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
I found it to be very helpful.
All the best…

Elliott Home Inspections, Inc.
4965 Twin Lakes Rd Unit 66
Boulder, CO 80301

Mobile: 720-218-8139

www.Elliott-HomeInspections.com
service@elliott-homeinspections.com

Congrats Dennis!!!..Keep looking at all the advice in this topic here. Your going to get information that is very valuable. Everyone here wants you to be successful.

Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)

Here’s some advice you won’t get in class…good luck!

2 Likes

Something not mentioned in this thread is simply to start a web presence. Start a Facebook page, tweet, Sign yourself up for all those third party marketers (only the free ones). Get a linkedIn page. Above all get some contact information on your listing for this forum, Inspectopedia, Inspectopia, etc. Start a blog (free on Active Rain, Wordpress). You will need business cards, and if you want to hand out something, skip the pens and hand out post it notes with your logo - tag line. Then sit by the phone (or take it with you these days - boy that dates me).

1 Like

Dennis, fill out your signature. It will give you good organic SEO.

Here’s how:

SIGNATURE: Click on your face in the upper right hand corner of this page. Then click on your name to the left of the bell. Then click on preferences. Then click on profile and scroll down to signature and fill out the information that you want to appear under every post that you make. AND LAST, scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES.

Thanks Peter, Looks so far like this is a great community of information and helpful people.

Thanks Ted, I can implement these helpful tips instantly.

Lol, Robert yes phones fit in the pocket now but I can remember when they where in a bag. But I have the cards now and working on the website and looking to start a blog in the area. Thank you for the tips.

Check out the “Master class” that Ben Gromicko just did. The first few videos, which are all roughly 2-3 minutes long, are business related, ie how to set your prices, what you need to charge to make X amount of $/year, setting goals, etc. I’ve only done the first 4-5 videos and found it really informative

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan is that class on NachiTV?

It’s with all of the other courses but under the “general” category. It’s also on YouTube

as an outsider let me just say there are some good, experienced inspectors here who do try to help most, good luck man.

Thanks Mark I have received some great info so far.

1 Like