Kansas HI Board Chairman Given "B-" by BBB

Does anyone else consider it odd that the guy who is presently running the registration board for Kansas home inspectors, presumably to “protect consumers” from imperfect home inspectors, has a “B-” rating with the Better Business Bureau?

While it is already clear that the best home inspectors in the state opposed this bill and that there are not too many really competent inspectors to choose from among those who need the state to legislate their competition out of business…the Governor could not do better than to find a “B-”](http://www.bbb.org/wichita/business-reviews/home-inspectors/benchmark-property-inspections-ltd-in-wichita-ks-9219)?

That is why he is in favor of licensing. He can compete better if all inspectors were made equal in the consumers’ eyes.

Has to do with the fact that he’s never attended a single inspection course. Not one. Yet InterNACHI’s courses have been sitting on his desk for many months waiting for approval. We were the first to apply.

The governor signed the bill, and ran to Washington DC. Parts of the old HB 2215 were found unconstitutional, and where introduced again as HB2260. SB 329 was created to eleminate the “defects” with HB2315. Understand, and legally, both bills are in play. The former governor signed HB2260, and not HB2315. The senate must vote on SB 329 in 2010 to make the laws right with the legislative procedure. All Senator Wysong has to do is add some numbers to SB329, and all of these “feces of a law” will be gone. There is yet much work to do. Inspectors who have paid to join this “union” may be in violation of right to work laws.

For the record, my rating is an A+. Anyone is free to check it out at kansascity.bbb.org. I cannot post a link to the site, because that would be advertising, and I signed a letter stating that I could not put any links on my site, or forward it in any way, to the BBB due to non-profit laws.

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/professional-organizations/internachi-in-boulder-co-90100886

Did everyone notice that Mr. Barnes BBB rating is now an A+?

Here is why.

“BBB Accreditation
This company has been a BBB Accredited business since November 2009. This means it supports BBB’s services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.”

BBB Accredited Business

BBB has determined that this business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.

Pay a fee and you too can jump from B- to A+.:D:roll:

That is what a mortgage broker told me years ago.

This is the main reason the BBB is not worth anything. IMHO, the BBB is a legal form of blackmail.

Who gives a squat about BBB.

Exactly

In the past five years that I have been a member, I figure I have recieved about 50 inspections and have had at least 60 inquires per year via their site. BBB here advertises good, and their member guide goes out to over 10,000 people a year. They sponsor a home show here, and hand out thousands of free member guides. I have been a sponsor at some of their events, and have had many referrals from them. I will continue to be a member.

Scott!!!

Nice to see you!

Good news I’m not listed so I guess no one has reported me lol With a city of my size I’ll become a member as well however I’m just now approaching a year in St. Louis and will continue to do so once I get back home.