Kansas HI Laws to be Introduced; AGAIN!

I sent this question to Rep. Mike Kiegerl of Kansas. SB324, introduced this month in the Kansas Congress to change the mistakes of last years HB2260, was voted down just a couple of weeks ago 30 to 81.

“What is the “convincing new evidence” that caused you to vote no on SB324?”

Here is his answer:

[FONT=Calibri]We heard evidence of large expenses for home owners because of errors and omissions by inspectors. One homeowner reported a loss of $ 40,000 due to foundation and roof repairs. I am also aware that lawyers and real estate agents blame home inspectors by telling home owners they have no recourse because they had an inspection. I have spoken to Steve Brunk , chair of commerce and labor and we will introduce a bill which should accommodate everyone. Mike[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Arial]I cannot believe that we are going to go through this again. Mr. Brunk is a real estate agent, and a representitive to the Kansas Congress, who introduced and pushed home inspection laws in Kansas into play. I appoligize to Rep. Mike Kiegerl of Kansas for posting this, but everyone in Kansas must know how clueless the lawmakers are in Kansas of how our industry works. and has worked well without government interference for over 40 years.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I found this quote. I thought it is appropriate.

“I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like
if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress”.
Ronald Reagan