Kansas is a pain

James, I really don’t have a dog in this hunt. I live in Tennessee and hold a license in TN and MS. I have worked under a HI license for about 9 years now and it is really not all that bad.

You just need to realize that the Law is the Law whether you like it or not.

The legislatures really have little to do with it at this point and time. The State AG would be the one to stop a law if it is improper or is being administered improperly. Why not go to the AG?

Already did. The law is being returned to the House for “clean up” this session.

Yeah, and me, and Jim, and Gary if you’d like.

There are, indeed, parts of this law that are totally unethical and unconstitutional that NACHI has announced it will not interfere with a member’s rights to ignore.

A bill is still legally a bill if know language conflicts with each other. Until the cleanup bill is signed by the governor, it is not a law.

Where did you guys graduate LAW SCHOOL!!!

Andrew,

Yes, you all can call me if you like!!

Well folks here it is. I got taken to the cleaners on this one. I had a call from Jeff Barnes about 1 hour ago. He personally told me that all of my classes and education is not even a consideration and that my certification through InterNACHI is not worth it either. If I wish to continue in this business in the state of Kansas I will need to drive 2 hours to Midwest Inspectors Institute which happens to be the closest college get my 80 hours of schooling and take the test “NAHI”. Out of the graces of his heart he said it is not the board that says this it is legislation.

My girlfriend use to work for a legislature, then a lobbyist, and then she was a lobbyist for a short time at the Missouri Capitol. The things she has told me about how laws are actually passed is very shocking.:wink:

We just need to keep the truth out. The bill still can be killed if Kansas inspectors really want it killed.

Jeff and his dog Molly is full of crap. The board approves the education. The way I understand it, Jeff lied to Nick and promised the NACHI education would be accepted by the board so then Nick went along and got egg on his face. The sad part is we told Nick that Jeff was a lying S.O.B. ahead of time but he did not listen.
The board seats was promised to A$HI even before the ink was dry on the bill so why would they approve NACHI education. Sad but true.

I bet you misunderstood, Jeff wants you to take the NHIE, not the NAHI test. A$HI wrote the bill, I think NAHI just politely took the screwing but NACHI got it worse.

James Braun is not correct.

There is no requirement to join ASHI, InterNACHI, the mini-minneapolis association or any other. The association membership requirement was removed from the legislation last year.

InterNACHI was the first to apply to have its courses approved for continuing education. ALL of InterNACHI’s courses were approved by the Kansas Home Inspectors Registration Board for continuing education purposes. Jeff Barnes has also personally informed InterNACHI that all of our courses were approved for CE purposes.

Thanks!!!

Jeff Barnes emails sounds like Nick has been all over this.

I stand corrected. I never knew about this email.

I did not mention anything about an association membership requirement, just NACHI got screwed the most. Thats all. Newer NACHI members got to take a proctored test given by a select few education providers. NACHI is not on that list.
NACHI got the crumbs and A$HI got the block of cheese.:shock:

Jeff did say that NACHI is an approved continued education program, but that was not the problem. The main problem I am haveing is I had all my education and work out side of Kansas, and being they only see in tunnel vision I am getting the shaft. I moved to Kansas to start a new business. I should of moved here 3 years ago instead of 1. The thing that piss’s me off more than anything is that Joe Smoe who has a been doing this for 4 years as a part time job with no education what so ever can still keep on going.

This is how A$HI gets their “if your credit card clears you are a member of ASHI” members excepted by the state. This home inspection bill was not passed to protect the consumer. Sad but true.

Carl, here is a link to the new Kansas home inspector bill via the State of Kansas site:

http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2010/2260.pdf

Hmm…2259 works, 2261 works, 2260 - doesn’t work! It’s a conspiracy! :mrgreen: