Kentucky Senator Tom Buford helps consumers and NACHI.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/buford4congress.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Senator Buford put out a press release supporting NACHI:

http://www.nachi.org/bufordrelease.htm

Nick

Senator Buford put a link to NACHI on his site. The link is very prominent on the front home page of www.BufordforCongress.com just to the right of his pic.

Nick

Kentucky’s Sixth District Republican Congressional nominee Tom Buford today called on former Vice President Al Gore to rethink his position that Iraq represents “hornets nests that pose no threat whatsoever to us.” Gore’s comments came Wednesday at a moveon.org rally in New York. Senator Buford said “Al Gore should certainly know better than to say something like this. As a former Vice President, he should understand that what we need is the will to resolve this war through strength, not surrender. Terrorists never responded well to us ignoring them; they just planned more attacks. Now that we are taking the fight to them, people like Al Gore won’t offer ideas of substance. I think this kind of campaigning is demoralizing to the American people and Al Gore should think before he speaks,” Buford said. “If we acted like this two hundred years ago when British soldiers burned the White House,” Buford said, “we would now talk funny and play more soccer.” Tom Buford is a fourteen year veteran of Kentucky’s state Senate.

David Adams
859-420-2919

Senator Buford helps NACHI, help him: http://www.nachi.org/buford4congress.htm

NACHI has retained professional lobbyist Bob Rowland of Bluegrass Government Consultants based in Frankfort, KY. It might be overkill, but we just want to ensure that all NACHI members suffer no delays in getting their licenses.

We are also seeking an amendment to prohibit (from sitting on the licensing board) any member of any association (like NAHI) that permits payment of referral fees to real estate agents, as this is bad for KY consumers.

We are also seeking an amendment which would prohibit the unethical practice of home inspectors paying referral fees to real estate agents.

Nick

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Lobbyist’s report from KY:

The Selection Committee established in SB 34 to nominate persons to the Kentucky Home Inspection Board has finally been appointed by the Governor.

A NACHI member has already been contacted by some of the selection committee and hopefully they will now move forward on this with a NACHI member being nominated to serve.

NACHI's lobbyist in Kentucky, Bob Rowland of Bluegrass Government Consultants will be attending an event for Senator Tom Buford on October 14th.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

gromicko wrote:

We are also seeking an amendment which would prohibit the unethical practice of home inspectors paying referral fees to real estate agents.
Nick

Yeah, I don't blame you. Without mentioning any association do you know of inspectors that stoop this low?

Erol

I believe Joe Farsetta and his committee are working on some language change to our COE which addresses this issue and others. It’s basically a USInspect poison pill (if you know about hostile takeover strategies) designed in part to protect consumers but also to protect NACHI from what happened to NAHI.

COE changes requires changes to our COE obstacle course http://www.nachi.org/ethicsobstaclecourse.htm and so they take me a few weeks to make. I understand that they are working on several possible changes and so I've been waiting for them all to come in before I rebuild the obstacle course.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Please, Please, Please, add this to the COE!

This could be a huge marketing point for NACHI inspectors!

Kind of like that independent HI association but not going too far like they do.

Let us know what develops.

Hopefully there won’t be another unnecessary uproar like the last time they were changed.

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Originally Posted By: Guest

mbartels wrote:

Kind of like that independent HI association but not going too far like they do.

Matt, how far is too far? If you feel strongly about realtor/inspector nepotism, then don't do it. Ethics are personal and subjective. They're your standards. A pledge or an oath or an obstacle course won't change who you are, nor will they affect any existing relationships.

I can put a blue ribbon around the neck of my black dog and call him a prize winning Newfoundland, but he's still a black dog.

Originally Posted By: mbartels

How far is too far?

For me it’s paying for referrals in hard or soft money. I don’t give finders fees, hold raffles, offer to wash cars, etc, etc. I do however feel that it is perfectly O.K. to have my brochures and cards on display in an agents office. This is where the buyers are.

I have never “softened” a report nor have I done all the other things that George M. and Dennis would have some belive goes on with every Realtor referral. So far in my life as a home inspector I have had many realtors singing my praises because I treated the client so well and did such a thorough inspection. On the other hand I have ticked some off when they find out I won’t be done in an hour and they will have to miss their oil change, hair appointment, whatever. So what’s wrong with an agent that has their clients best interest in mind displaying my brochure? In my opinion, nothing at all. Anyway, I’ve already wasted to much time trying to explain myself and all this has been beat to death with a wet noodle.

Take it easy.

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Tonight NACHI member Michael Green will be representing NACHI at a campaign fundraiser with Ernie Fletcher and Senator Jim Bunning.

Thanks Michael!

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.