KHIRB telephone conference meeting to discuss rules & regs on Dec. 28, 2009.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM, <resinspect@aol.com> wrote:
> If you are receiving this note it is because you have asked to receive
> meeting information from the Kansas Home Inspectors Registration Board or
> you have been sent this message from someone who has. The Board of the
> KHIRB will be having a short telephone conference call meeting to discuss
> rules and regulations prior to publication for the public notice. If you
> would like to listen in on the call you may attend the call location at:
>
> Pat Regan’s office
> Coldwell Banker Regan
> 11900 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
> Shawnee, KS
>
> or
>
> Ed Robinson’s office
> Joseph & Hollander PA
> 500 N. Market St.
> Wichita, KS
>
> The meeting will be on Monday December 28 at 11:00 a.m.
>

How can an inspector in his right mind register in Kansas when he/she does not know the rules, regulations, educational requirements, etc.? The SOP’s have yet to be approved by the AG’s office? Where is the oversight? Sounds like to me some “backroom” dealing going on, just like national health care. Oh, former governor of Kansas is in DC helping out with that.

I guess I am not in my right mind. For me to continue my business, I have no choice but to register. At least, I hope lawmakers in Kansas will see the light when this law goes back again to be fixed (revised).

Isn’t it disgusting that you have to go to a real estate office or to an attorney office to listen to the head of the Kansas home inspectors registration board? This is degrading to our industry, shows no integrity from the board to the home inspectors, and tells us who is really running the show here in Kansas. Senators, the governor of Kansas, the attorney general, all lawmakers in Kansas who voted this “farce” into law should be ashamed of themselves.

This is nothing but a single entity trying to take out the undesirables.

I think that there are several legislators who are anxious for the bill to come back to them so that they can ask “why”…

“Why” is it so that the chairman had the time to arrange to get himself the registration number of one in a presumed "mock test’ of the system…but didn’t have time to get the SOP and other rules written and in place?

“Why” was the legislature assured of over 400 home inspectors to foot the bill of this expensive burden on the tax payers…with only 50 registered the week prior to implementation?

“Why” is this burden on the already overburdened and underserved Kansas taxpayer necessary?

Kill this bill.