Knee Pads ?

Brad you are probably correct, But about a month ago I got one hell of a stone bruise on my knee cap and it has hinder me ever since. I carry a hard bristle brush with me to clean the gloves and will do so for the knee pads.
I don’t much care if I mess them up . I just don’t want anymore stone bruises.

Fit great under coveralls. Comfortable. Washable.

Get horse hide , i wash mine, then use leather cleaner

I throw my comfort crawls in the washer all the time.

This is my gripe with store bought knee pads, too. Elastic straps don’t stay in place well, and they are uncomfortable after a while.
My solution was sewing 9"inch long canvas or denim pouches over 6 pairs of wrangler work pants (they have reinforced pockets and a side pocket perfectly sized for my I-phone 6 S Plus) and then cutting pads from click-lock gym floor foam rubber,
No straps, they stay right in place, and cover my knees and upper shins.
I don’t care if they look a little goofy, they work great. Scraps of canvas and closed cell foam rubber click-lock panels are cheap. I use these for installing flooring also.

Cargo pants w/pockets for knee pad inserts… http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-ultimate-fire-hose-cargo-work-pants-18107.aspx?processor=content

$69.50 plus shipping!?!?! no thanks.
Mine were $32 on Amazon.
And I made my pads much bigger for better protection.

After reading thru the info and watching a couple reviews online, I think maybe the Deluth pants could be worth the price. I like the features like crotch gusset for more flexibility and the extra tool loops. And they seem super durable.

Here is a review of a guy who wore them 300+ times and then reported.

[quote=“bhull1, post:28, topic:101785”]

After reading thru the info and watching a couple reviews online, I think maybe the Deluth pants could be worth the price. I like the features like crotch gusset for more flexibility and the extra tool loops. And they seem super durable.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome review, damn I love those pants!

[/QUOTE]

There is a Duluth retail store about an hour from me. I am in there every few months. The quality of their clothing is second to none! I have never had a single complaint. Sign up for their newsletter and wait for their sales if you must. When you finally do make a purchase, and you will make a purchase, you will kick yourself in the arse for waiting.
Duluth is the place where REAL MEN needing REAL WORK CLOTHES goes to shop.

[/QUOTE]

Good review. Thanks for posting it.

After viewing it, I should mention this as I wasn’t really aware of it until I visited the store for the first time… there are different models of their “fire-hose” pants… I think to be more beneficial to different trades. One example is the knee pockets for the knee pad inserts. The pants in the review did not have them, but I have seen them in person in the store(s). If you are going to order online, read through carefully to be sure you are ordering what you want… OR… call their customer service or a store directly for info. They are extremely helpful people.

So Roy, how are these working out? I need to get new knee pads soon.

https://youtu.be/Jai_flUIC9Y

Update on the Kneepads…
They work Great!
I like them alot.

I went ahead and ordered them, the knee pads.

http://dwguheb7ln5c.cloudfront.net/image.aspx/media/images/products/58030_laydown.jpg-395x395

i like trhem i have the same problem

I’m not one to toss aside practicality and comfort. I resorted to using my volleyball knee pads that can be easily washed, are fantastic on hard surfaces, and go great under or over clothing.
Those look really slick and purdy.

M. Danica Ban

Roy wore them out getting rug burns at RE offices!! :mrgreen:

True?