Knob and Tube question

This was a home that I inspected in August. It was a brick structure that had suffered an electrical fire from an overheated wire that failed to trip the breaker. The main fire damage was from the kitchen to the breaker box. Melted wire still hung from half melted junction boxes.

So was the fire caused by the wiring method or the circuit breaker?

I’d love to have the fire investigation documentation to coincide with your pics…to prove that this fire was started by defective knob and tube wiring.

The only information I had was what the city provided my client. I saw no official records.

Damn…I thought I’d score some really good info for my website. I can’t go by hearsay…