Knowing everything about everything....

Originally Posted By: Aaron Rosenbaum
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Do peopl ever ask stupid questions like: What are the studs under a window called or what the the name for a rafter near the valley of a roof? I mean, what do you say when someone asks something that you don’t know what it is called?

Originally Posted By: gbell

I don’t know!!!

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jmyers

How about the stud under the window or the rafter near the valley of the roof. icon_biggrin.gif

If you get too technical in your report you will get lots of people calling you to ask you what it is, know what I mean?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Depends on who is asking.

If it's a client, I tell them, "I don't remeber. It doesn't come up often. If it's important to you, I can go back and look it up. Would you like me to do that?"

If it's a smartass testing my knowledge, "I don't remember. Please tell me what a trimmer arch support is?"

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: janderson

Yep, I agree. If you don’t know the answer to a specific question just say you don’t know. However, offering to look it up or do some research to find the answer will show you client you are willing to go the extra mile and they will remember that icon_smile.gif . That is what you want, you want your client to remember what a great inspection you did and how helpful you were–not if you immediately had answers for each and every question they asked you.

Within the seeds of ignorance lie the fruits of denial

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: Aaron Rosenbaum

Thanks for all the help icon_smile.gif

I love all the answers icon_biggrin.gif