KOI Chapter Meeting 11-7-03

Originally Posted By: mpatton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just a reminder that our first KOI chapter meeting is scheduled for November 7th in Fort Mitchell KY.

We have been getting RSVP's in and the group size is starting to grow and as Nick suggested we should have a good group. If you are planning on attending please respond accordingly.

"Tool Express" http:www.toolexperts.com has been good enough to send several door prizes, they have also offered to those attending the meeting a special offer on orders. ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

Others have promised various items, still watching for those however.

Follow this link for the announcement and pertinent details on the KOI Chapter Meeting, and links associated.
http://www.nachi.org/koichapter.htm

I am looking forward to this meeting and believe it will be beneficial for all and quite a good time as well!

See you there!!

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: kluce

Tell somebody to include a three foot poker used for poking for termites in crawl spaces. I can not found anything around here that works good. eusa_clap.gif

Make sure it's light weight.

What time does this meeting end? I have about a 4 hour drive.

Kevin,

"What time does this meeting end?"

Good question, the meeting room is booked from 6 to 9, however they have said stay as long as we want. The official agenda is not in place yet but we will keep it within the 3 hours. The unofficial shut down time?? no idea.

An item I need to get posted and had forgotten is that the Drawbridge Inn is offering a special rate for the NACHI group of $69, the standard room rate is $109. The Drawbridge is a nice place and has a lot of on-site amenities.

Drawbridge Inn
Toll Free: (800) 354-9793
In Kentucky: (800) 352-9866
(859) 341-2800

Make it an easy trip come on down bring the family amd make it a get away and stay the evening or the weekend. This area has a lot to offer, and don't forget the "Bass Pro" shop on the North West side of I-275. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Looks like we are going to have a good turnout of around 40 in attendance. It will be a good time had by all I am sure.

If anyone out there is still debating I need to have the final count to the restaurant early tomorrow meeting. Please RSVP myself or Nick ASAP>

I look forward to meeting everyone.

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: kluce

mpatton wrote:
Looks like we are going to have a good turnout of around 40 in attendance. It will be a good time had by all I am sure.

So it's going to be me, Patton and the 38 girl friends that I'm bringing?
OK. ![eusa_dance.gif](upload://s9dv24YwSSRLNpgOOSxL1BkwUQ9.gif)

We do need a few more guys for the meeting.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’ll add www.toolexperts.com to the annoucement and credits.

Nick

Nick,

Rick Oskirko has also donated 2 FULL versions of "Eye Candy Reporter" for door prizes! ![nachi_nachi.gif](upload://uHOMNyaTr9Egc1VkzoQvcptyboG.gif)

http://www.homeinspectingsoftware.com

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Chris,

How much trouble would it be to create a new Emoticon rotating between NACHI and KOI? ![nachi_nachi.gif](upload://uHOMNyaTr9Egc1VkzoQvcptyboG.gif)

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

I added http://www.homeinspectingsoftware.com to announcement. Please thank Eye Candy Reporter for giving us such nice door prizes.

Nick

The KOI Chapter meeting last night was a success we had 45 in attendance!! eusa_clap.gif

Again I would like to thank all of those who came and especially thanks to Mike Weeks, Michael Green and Nick Gromicko for speaking last night. ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

I could be wrong but I am not aware of any home inspection association meetings in this area in the past that has drawn over 40 people, put the positive spin on it and we might say that this was a hugely successful night. Kevin Luce drove for over 4 hours to attend; several drove for 3 hours, the average was probably close to 2 hours!!

Of the people in attendance we had at least three Home Inspection Instructors, Mike Weeks, Steve Wolf and Kathy Perkins. A lot of conversation after the meeting pertaining to education related issues.

The biggest single comment that I have is that everyone had a good time and it was a very open and non adversarial event with multiple organizations and companies in attendance. Looks like a great forum for sharing amongst the industry with input from three states verses an isolated area.

Door Prizes: Provided by Tool Experts and EYE Candy

The winners are: ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)
Kevin Leonard, The Home Inspection Company, EYE Candy Software
Steve Kantner, Your Home Inspection Service, EYE Candy Software
Stewart Long, HomeSure Inc.
Mike Weeks, Accurate Building Consultants, Inc, Damp Tester
Steve Cunningham, The Home Team Inspection Service, Leather Screw Driver Holder
Steve Wolf, Buyers Best, Leather Screw Driver Holder
Steve Otten, Bedrock Enterprises, Inc, Circuit tester
Dave Stenger, Pillar to Post, Moisture Meeter

We will be planing our next meeting real soon so if you would like to be put on the KOI mailing list for invitaions etc. please send and e-mail
aa@aahomeinspection.net
Also if you attended last night and needed a receipt please e-mail me and I will provide one.

Thanks agian for the great turnout

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Don’t forget to thank Erby Crofutt, I saw him doing a lot of work last night.

Nick

Nick,

You are correct Erby was on the move last night and was very helpful. Also I need to give credit to my wife Teresa, she also worked hard to make it successful. ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

Thanks Erby & Teresa! ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

In addition thanks again for your participation you had the group rethinking a lot of the standard sales pitch ideas.

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: dvalley

What…No PICS?

DAVID VALLEY

http://www.nachi.org/newenglandchapter.htm
email us at: newengland@nachi.org

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

I want to see a pic of Michael Green’s new little boy Gabriel. He is the youngest little fella ever to come to a NACHI meeting. Looks just like his Dad. He was there for the whole meeting. And like some of the attendees… slept thru the whole meeting (at least while I gave my talk).

Nick

Originally Posted By: rray

Hmmmm. I was going to go to the new L.A. chapter meeting but if everyone is sleeping at these meetings, well, ell, I can sleep at home.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

I’m normally NOT the world’s most dynamic speaker but I’ll turn it up a notch for you Russel. Then we’ll see who can drink the most Margaritas. I am already sure I can out eat you.

Nick

Originally Posted By: rray

gromicko wrote:
I am already sure I can out eat you.

Oh, thou (ooh, a religious word) with big mouth willing to stuff food into it, be careful of what you are sure.

I've only found two people who could ever out-eat me: my brother and my brother's son. And don't even think that you are going to out-eat me at pizza or Mexican food. I would sooner make myself deathly sick than have someone outeat me at pizza or Mexican food. Oooooh, Mexican food with a good margarita. Sounds like Canyon Cafe, Chili's, or On The Border time.

When I was growing up in northern Utah (prior to growing up in South Texas), my brother and I used to participate in various eating contests around town (this was in Brigham City), most of them at the local Food King. He always came in first, and I was always second. It didn't matter what kind of contest, most food period or most food in a limited time. I was always second. Perhaps that's what drove me to drinking.

When I was in college at Texas A&M (don't bring up today's 77-0 loss to Oklahoma), there was a pizza place called Mama's Pizza at East Gate. They had the biggest, thickest pizzas with everything on them. They had a standing challenge that if anyone could eat a "Mama's Pizza with everything on it in one hour or less, without throwing up" (that's really what the challenge said; this was a college town), the pizza was free. This was back when a good-sized pizza was $3.95. The Mama's Pizza with everything on it was $19.95, maybe even $21.95, far too expensive for most college students, and was 24 inches in diameter (one did have the option of leaving the anchovies off). A friend and I ate at Mama's Pizza every Friday evening for happy hour, and we tried several times to "eat a Mama" in less than an hour. Never could do it. But no one else could either.

One day we walked in and there was a name on the plaque, a female-sounding name like Mary or something. Andy and I were furious, so we decided that the next Friday we would prepare appropriately and become the second and third names on the plaque. We were successful, although Andy went home and threw up later. I kept mine down, so Andy and I agreed that I would be the second name and he the third. We later found out that the woman was something like 5 feet, 100 lbs.

Ah, the college days. Alas, I quit going back to College Station every weekend when Mama's Pizza closed. But I still believe in good pizza, good Mexican food, and, of course, a good margarita.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

I had such a good time with all those KREIA folks, I have a proposal. What do you think about scheduling the next KREIA and KOI NACHI meeting together?

We're all inspectors.

Nick