Ladders

Originally Posted By: jkormos
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I got my MT-17 at Costco for 99.99, not on-line but at the retail location, also check out amazon.com, you can get the MT-22 for about $198.00 bucks

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Hey Kevin,

I use a little Giant & love it. Well worth the money in my book. Steps are welded and riveted.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: cradan

Thanks, Joe. I’ll check-out the Werners.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

This sorta sux…the Cosco model ladder that is 13’ costs $99, and the 17’ version is $279???

Every place I check refers back to Amazon.com. Is that the only place that sells them? That’s quite a jump for 4’. Might as well buy the LG!

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Kevin, ladders are a lot like inspections. The cheaper one isn’t always the best one. You do get what you pay for, a good ladder is well worth the money. With the LG, when I’m at the top I feel very comfortable. There are many areas to cut corners. Ladders aren’t one of them in my book. There plenty of inspectors that may have the Little Giant knock offs and they may be working fine for them. Bottom line is you will need to find one that fits your budget & your needs and go with it.

I guess if you take the express ride to the ground you can always say you saved the money for the emergency room fee. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Rex Kulla
Custom Home Inspections
Maple Grove, MN
(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: gbell

My LG is 6 years old. It is just like brand new. After working the trades for 20 years I can say with out a doubt that the LG is worth every penny.

I am expecting that mine will last for at least 10 years. So at 40 dollars per year it is one of the best values as far as tools go.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: kgraham

I’ve used the Little Giant ladder for over 15 years and they work great. A bit heavy but does a lot of things. And streched out as an extension ladder, it is still pretty solid.

Originally Posted By: fduemig

Kevin.

I also use the 17’ Cosco ladder. I paid about $200. If you buy it online at Ace Hardware, and have it shipped to a local store, (if you have one), you don’t pay for shipping. I also think that for another $200, the Little Giant isn’t worth it.

Fred

--
Fred Duemig

Thanks. Unfortunately, they don’t carry the 17. Only the 13’ at Ace online. icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted By: fduemig

Kevin,

If you contact them, they should get it for you. That is how I got it from them. They didn’t show it on their web site, but I contacted them via:

http://www.acehardware.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHaveQuestion=yes

Ask them if they can supply item # 20-217-T11S
Cosco Ladder - 17-foot Multi-Use Ladder System

Fred

--
Fred Duemig

Kevin, try amazon.com, look for werner MT-17, MT-22 or MT-26 ladders just like the little gaints but a bit less expensive, and some supliers are offering free shipping, I have the MT-17 and MT26

Originally Posted By: tschlotter

Currently using the Extend and Climb, not happy with it - the telescoping feature binds in cold weather, hard to get it collapsed and back in the truck.

Tom Schlotter
www.Allied123.com

Tom, what brand name / model is your ladder?

Originally Posted By: tschlotter

Joseph,

Using Extend & Climb (www.extendandclimb.com), looks to be about 12 ft. when extended. This is actually my second one, first one had defective locking tabs, had to bring it back to the hardware store.

Actually thinking of going to Costco tonight to check that other brand out...

Tom Schlotter
www.Allied123.com

I just went and purchased the LG…my third ladder. Hopefully it will be better than the other two. One I junked and the other is just a POS.

Had an argument with LG on the phone though. They said the one in the commercial is only 15' but is called model 17 and for an additional $$ I could get the Model 22 which is 17'. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I said the commercial itself stated that it extended to 17' and that's the one I wanted for the price they were offering. I said if it wasn't it was false advertising ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) Ok...I was being a little pissy about it
Anyway the guy said it does measure 17' and if I get it and it didn't measure 17' they would pay to take it back.
Now I wait 10 days for delivery. Can't wait!

--

You may want to check out www.proladder.com for Little Giants. They have pretty decent pricing plus free freight and some “give me’s”. I just ordered a 22’ fiberglass Type 1A, and will be curious how it works out. I have already bought parts to repair some ladders and got them without any problems.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hey Kevin,

You will love your LG, I have had mine for six years. It is the best ladder I have ever owned. Until my last inspection on Saturday I never had a need for another. That house had the scuttle hole in the bath linen closet. The base was just to wide. It did give me a good excuse to go buy the extend type that has been discussed here.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: bemelander

Kevin,

I’ve had mt LG for almost 20 years now and I love it. The only problem is the weight. When I bought it (pre-inspection days) I got the fiberglass heavy duty and it’s about 20’. I only once needed something taller. When and if I need a new ladder it will be a LG.

Bill

--
Anchor Home Inspections

bill@anchorinspections.com

The new fiberglass ladders are only 5 pounds heavier than the aluminum. (model 22 type 1A.) The older style fiberglass were quiet a bit heavier.

Originally Posted By: sspradling

Greg and others,

for those small linen closet scuttles, you can remove both fly sections of the LG and have a skinny straight ladder. Just be careful not to bang up the walls in the hall taking them off on putting them on.

Stu.