Larry Searcy Obituary Texas

Larry Searcy fell from a roof doing a home inspection on May 21, 2020. He died about two weeks later on June 5, 2020. I met him a few times and found him to be a good and honorable man who loved home inspection.

Wow. Very sad.

My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Larry. Best wishes to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace, Larry. My condolences to his family, friends & colleagues.

Very sad. I’m sure we all feel for a brother inspector’s family.
As an example to other inspectors, any idea how this happened?

Very Sad. Especially hard since the family couldn’t visit due to Covid. Condolences to the family and loved ones.

Condolences to Larry’s family & friends.

Condolences to the family.

Thoughts and prayers are with our brother inspector, his family, and friends!

Larry Searcy, a Texas Home Inspector, died while on the job June 5th 2020. He fell off the roof of the home he was inspecting. According to the buyer of the home and paramedics it was heat exhaustion that turned into heat stroke. It was his second inspection of the day. He was almost done with the home and he asked the seller if he could sit down for a few min and drink some water. The seller said yes of course. The buyer said Larry you don’t look very good we can put the rest of the inspection off and reschedule. Larry said No I want to get this done for you. All I have left is the attic and the roof. Larry inspected the attic and then went up to do the roof. Larry fell from the second floor roof to the 1st floor roof then rolled off of it and fell on the ground. (according to the neighbor across the street). The buyer was in the home and heard Larry fall. She held Larry until the first ambulance arrived.
As you all know, we are a tight brotherhood of inspectors who take care of our own. Inspector Pro his insurance company picked up the tail insurance. A shout out to NIck Gromicko of Inter NACHI who offered to pick up that tab. If any of you would like to contribute a little something to help Karen, his wife, during this difficult time, please consider dropping her a card and or a contribution to help her start a new chapter of her life, Karen can be reached at Karen Searcy PO BOX 112 Santos, Texas 76472. Good bless and thank you… PS remember stay safe…

It is so sad to hear this…prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Larry Searcy.

oh man… terrible news :frowning: