Last of the photos [part three]

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Garage Ceiling 2.jpg

Garage Ceiling.jpg

Diane,
I don’t see any major defects with most of what you posted. Agree with the others that what I see is common settlement cracks from a rush job on the concrete, the block foundation walls and the drywallers. Some of the photos show the drywall tape was not set in a proper bed of drywall compound prior to to the tape being applied, the step cracks are common to poor prior prep of the blocks and perhaps weak mortar coupled with settlement. One that looks to be in the overhead appears to be the corner bead (metal) wasn’t set properly before the final coat of drywall compound was applied. In short what I see is pi$$ poor workmanship. The slab concrete cracks are typical settlement cracks as well. If you really hate the looks of it, that can be dressed up very nicely with a product called ARDEX. www.ardex.com. It is a polymer based cementous material mixed to the consistancy of pancake batter and either trowelled onto the surface (acts as a leveling compound) or rolled like thick paint. It fills all the dimples, voids, cracks in the surface and looks like a brand new pour. It is harder than Chinese Arithmatic (4000 psi, I think) and can be stained or made to look like a million dollar floor. Check out their website. It used to be about $40 a bag but worth every cent. The rest of the discrepancies should be easy to repair or clean up. We see this kind of work every day. I know that doesn’t make you feel better because I am sure you are paying good money and should have gotten quality workmanship. The crack in the brick is normal too. Comes from the brick drying when fired.

Doug, thank you so much for this product info. – will definitely make a note of it. :slight_smile:

Monitor and no worries, this is no different than any other cracks in modern construction. Nature of concrete.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah, the cracks appear to have occurred sometime in the past and likely have done their thing, if anything they appear to be shrinkage cracks. Of no concern.