Law and Disorder - TORONTO, ON - November 13, 2008

Huh Really? I’m pretending to know what? I never pretended to know anything. In fact Goofy, if you had read my posts here you would have been able to determine for yourself that I had joined less than 10 days ago. I mentioned that several times and in fact was pretty much the whole point of my posts to begin with but thats okay if that escaped your small mind.

I do have a question for you … Mr Goofy is it… Why are you hiding behind a fake name? If your contributions around here are so well respected by Management… why the fake name? And I can’t help but see how much time you obviously have to spend on here. Perhaps you should take your own advice and go do some inspections instead of whining on every post you’ve put on this board.

Sean Who peed in your porridge? Strangely I don’t remember criticizing you or dissing you, but rather was trying to help. The message was to Michael, not you.

Funny that as you wrote that I happen to notice that. Certainly a big man can admit when hes made a mistake… My apoligies… I’ll remove my rant now

Consumer Protection Act, 2002 S.O. 2002, CHAPTER 30 Schedule A Cancellation: cooling-off period 51. (1) A consumer who is a party to an agreement for loan brokering, credit repair or the supply of such goods and services as may be prescribed may, without any reason, cancel the agreement at any time from the date of entering into the agreement until 10 days after receiving the written copy of the agreement. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 51 (1).

For arguments sake… is this the CANADIAN Consumer Protection Act?

Statute of Ontario

http://www.osler.com/resources.aspx?id=9604&tracklink=rss

Goofy, I didn’t say he couldn’t quit and get a full refund, he can. I said he couldn’t quit and then get in for free through a vendor as vendors only have new-to-InterNACHI memberships to package with their products/services. It’s moot anyway as we are letting him adjust his renewal dues as he likes.

A week after I joined NACHI I paid for and attended a vendor sponsored training event in my area that handed out free NACHI memberships during the training.

Them’s the breaks.

NACHI had no obligation to refund my membership fee.

Sure I was kicking myself but that just the way it works out sometimes.

… and I didn’t say you wouldn’t give him a refund. But now that you have agreed to give him a refund, kudo’s to you. :slight_smile:

Michael, when are you going to realize you don’t set the rules? Nick does and you are a perfect example of why Nick makes the decisions. Thats just the way it is, besides its a friendly conversation and further the law in Ontario is clear so your objections are moot.

Hey fool. Go back and read my post. You obviously can’t understand it.:roll:

And in fairness… I’d be happy to pay the full pop again should my expectations CONTINUE to be met. I have no disagreement with NACHI or Nick or the Law and Disorder seminar. I’m very much looking forward to taking it. I know this kinda sounds like kissing up but I mean this very sincerely, Nick has been nothing but help to me. I was very surpised last Saturday when I wrote an email and received almost an instant response. Its very clear to me that many people put in a great many hours to make this great.

Frankly as a business person I can see the benefit of a younger organization such as NACHI giving out memberships. There is certainly strengh in numbers! I’m sorry I got sucked back into the debate over right and wrong here as I have 100% accepted the resolution that was presented on this matter.

Nick please slap me the day I become only a what can you do for me guy or get up on some high horse of entitlement. It is my most sincere hope that as a new person to this industry I continue to get the kind of support and education that I have already found here. And not only that but that one day I can contribute to this association in a meaningful way as well. Gotta say that even goof has been supporting me! Appreciate your help!

Again,

All of this being said, I feel as though I have only taken away from a very worth while post.

Can I ask a question about the seminar?

Is this the first time this seminar is being offered in Ontario?
I know its early but what sort of numbers are we looking at for attendance?

Joe did a Reader’s Digest version of it in Toronto in August at http://www.nachi.org/toronto2008.htm and everyone there wanted him to come back and do the whole seminar.

Sean,

I assure you and enyone else, that Joe’s seminar is worth while. Billy DeVries and I will both be in attendance!

See you there!

That’s great. I’ll look forward to meeting you there. Huh, just a few days after my birthday… Don’t feel obligated to get me anything : )

There are very few lawyers running loose who actually understand our industry and the unique problems we encounter. If you have ever faced a judge with an unprepared lawyer you will appreciate this.

Joe Ferry has made us one of his biggest interests and has been a part of our industry for a long time. He knows our issues and how to help us deal with them.

Even beyond Joe’s session, any time a large group of inspectors assemble for any reason, there is an abundance of knowledge to glean in the hallways.

I hope to attend.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

me in

Hey Bill do you need a ride? Oh by the way did a fellow call about some work in Chatam?

See y’all there
Mario, Billy my turn to buy See you in the lobby bar:)

git there early

Cheers