Lawrence Kansas Stands Up To Code Changes

See post #9.

From post #9

Yep, the free market at work. Thanks for the reminder;-)

Michael Larson & Others -

Free Market, Slave Market, Whatever …

The real point of this is our local and state RE Groups.

They fight tooth and nail against ANYTHING that might mean safer houses. The ploy is always along the same lines.

“Mr / Mrs Legislators - This proposal that some naive and out-of-touch consumer groups have brought before you to enact MANDANTORY licensing of builders or contractors; MANDANTORY building codes and code inspections;MANDANTORY seller disclosures in a RE transaction rather than voluntary disclosures; MANDANTORY requirements that landlords of rental property have annual safety inspections of their rental properties; MANDANTORY testing for radon in RE transactions; MANDANTORY disclosure in RE Contracts throughout the state that high levels of radon gas can be hazardous to your health and lead to cancer; or ALMOST anything along this line will RAISE the cost of a house by $500 to $1,500 AND cheat over 1,000 state residents out of the AMERICAN DREAM of HOME OWNERSHIP. Therefore we urge you to VOTE NO to …”

Thats what Bushie, Braum, Greenwalt and myself are pointing out.

**ALMOST **anything that makes building or selling a house more stringent or costly to them is **AGRESSIVELY **fought by the RE Community out here, WHILE at the same time spending MUCH $$$$$$$$$$ and time getting Home Inspectors licensed to PROTECT the poor consumer is **VITAL **for National Security; To Protect the Environment; For The Children; For World Peace; etc, etc.

Gag / Barf / Chuckle …

When it comes to fighting against licensing of HIs, I’m on your side and I understand your point.

Fight on.