Let me share an email...

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
Date: Friday, December 23, 2005 11:46 PM
To: john.bowman@nachi.org
Subject: NACHI exam

Somehow I got inadvertently linked to NACHI and one thing led to another and I took the online exam.

This time there were 120 questions and I only got a score of 95. It took me 29 minutes to finish.

I recall that several years ago I took the very first on-line exam (100 ) questions and finished it in about the same time.

I think my score was 98 the first time but it took me about 30 minutes to finish.

I think I had consumed the same amount of Margaritas ( three ) before the exam and both times the urge to take the exam was spontaneous (no preparation or references)

Can I get some extra credit for spontaneity and non-sobriety (intoxication)???? I bet with full sobriety and reference books nearby I could get a perfect score. Want to bet? Want to offer a special designation for 100% scorers???????????

Ken Bates

Let's all answer him.

Ken,

Congratulations on passing an entry level exam. You failed to mention how many years of experience and education you have received. I'm assuming that you have been an inspector for many years and have substantial training.

Anyone with this type of experience had best score in the high 90's or even a perfect score or find a different line of business. After all it is an entry level exam.

I'm pleased that you find your accomplishment as noteworthy.

Originally Posted By: ekartal5

Ken has substansial knowledge and experience as a home inspector.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

ekartal5 wrote:
Ken has substansial knowledge and experience as a home inspector.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) His email was just plain stupid in my book.

If other associations would only sit back and realize that their one time exam is being laughed at by the Insurance industry and state legislators.

Because of NACHI's stringent membership requirements the Insurance Industry has recognized NACHI as the leader in education, testing and membership requirements and has thus rewarded our membership with the only discount rates available to any one in the Home Inspector profession.

Our yearly retesting speaks loudly. Our test is designed to keep up with the changes in the inspection profession and our requirement of annual testing strengthens the credibility of the inspector making NACHI inspectors ELITE.

Taking a once in a life time exam proves absolutely nothing.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

of our many entrance requirements http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm , 50 blind people, 30 children, 17 mentally handicapped people, 2 great grandmothers and a dog could have lined up and sequentially joined (yes actually joined!) his No entrance requirements whatsoever diploma mill ASHI. It only takes 30 seconds to join ASHI.

Sorry Nick, I’m a slow typist. I edited my post just above yours.

Enjoy....

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

diploma mill:

http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm

Here is their entrance application in a nutshell:

Send ASHI your picture, Send ASHI your money.... and Shazam!

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Shameful.

Speaking of a gentlemen named Bates.

Long time ASHI member Rick BATES (over 18 years I believe) has joined NACHI. Rick is from Elmira, NY and is a scheduled speaker on Air Quality at the NACHI 2006 convention.

Welcome Rick.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Welcome…

Originally Posted By: ekartal5

Mr. Ken Bates does have a great knowledge of the industry. What I left out earlier because it’s Christmas (screw it) is when he posts in anger or as a result of cocktails he makes Todd and I look like lame ducks. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: tallen

HEY!

He can't be that bad. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: gporter

Todd-Merry Christmas

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: tallen

Feliz Navidad vato icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

tallen wrote:
Feliz Navidad vato ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

That's Vato Loco, Homey ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: jferry

ekartal5 wrote:
Mr. Ken Bates does have a great knowledge of the industry. What I left out earlier because it's Christmas (screw it) is when he posts in anger or as a result of cocktails he makes Todd and I look like lame ducks. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Todd was a lame duck until he recently renewed his membership!!

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif