Let's have some fun, Great Moments of your life, careers, ETC.

I will start, not to long ago I received a personal invitation by the Navy to go aboard the SSN750 Nuclear Attack Submarine, It was great, had a wonderful day and brought back many memories. After working on and building 22 Nuclear Submarines this was quite an honor to be ask to tour the SSN750 Newport News.

Alfred Leo Pelletier
Pipefitter 1st/class
Pipefitter-Foreman-Supervisor
General Dynamics Electric Boat Division
Dept 243/54618
(1968-1978)

SSN.jpg

SSN_750_Tour_105-600x448.jpg

SSN_750_Tour_138-600x436.jpg

SSN_750_Tour_080-600x451.jpg

SSN_750_Tour_135-600x448.jpg

Well, if you are talking about work, without a doubt, finding 15-year old (at the time) Chris Morrell.

Hi Alfred,

I guess it’s a small world after all. About 10 years ago, my wife and I enjoyed our first vacation in California. Best two weeks of our lives covering almost the entire state. Anyway, without knowing, my wife some how contacted the San Diego Naval Base and arranged for me to have a private tour of a medium sized nuclear powered submarine. The Captain, a few Sailors (and a few MP’s) lead the way, but I was not allowed to take pics like you.

About a week later, we barely made it back to our car alive after my wife pissed off a bear at Kings National Park.

Great memories…:slight_smile:

Hi Alfred,

I guess it’s a small world after all. About 10 years ago, my wife and I enjoyed our first vacation in California. Best two weeks of our lives covering almost the entire state. Anyway, without knowing, my wife some how contacted the San Diego Naval Base and arranged for me to have a private tour of a medium sized nuclear powered submarine. The Captain, a few Sailors (and a few MP’s) leading the way. I noticed you have pics but my camera was not allowed on board. :twisted:

About a week later, we barely made it back to our car alive after my wife pissed off a bear at Kings National Park.

Great memories…:slight_smile:

While I’ve never actually been ON a submarine (I have seen many), I got to hunt and track them all over the world for a living. Best job in the world.

I got to fly jet fighters (F-105, F-4 and F-16) for 32 years! Don’t think I could have found a better career.

Getting drafted. Though I didn’t think so at the time.

After 34 years of not missing a paycheck in the IT industry, I decided to take a very generous early retirement package, back in June 2007.
I’d read a lot about retirement, and the so-called “new meaning” for many baby boomers, so I thought I’d kinda bump around for awhile,
and see what I can get into now, that would keep my interest for a few more years…
I’d been preparing for two years prior, to become a home inspector, with training, etc. part time, before going more dedicated, full time.
Since I needed to keep busy, I’ve always been somewhat interested in the HVAC field, and have since decided to jump on that bandwagon last year,
with some professional training first, hoping to latch on to some part time work, come next summer, (keeping my fingers crossed that’s gonna be possible, in this economy:()
In the mean time,
I’ve really been enjoying my “part time” work, in the inspection industry.
Since my kids are grown and gone out on their own now, life is quite a bit slower for us now, and I’m enjoying new found hobby interests and have even gone back to school full time evenings (I’m taking 12 credit hours per semester) for more “HVAC training”.
My wonderful wife is working part time also, and likes the freedom of more time for “her” things…between the two of us, we’re holding our own…
I’ll start my 3rd semester in August, with a 2 year Associate degree done next spring.
I’ve decided that THESE ARE the great moments of my life, as in every day is a gift from God, and although I’ve had many others in the past, I like to think that the best is yet to come.:smiley: I’ve flown in helicopters, been a hang glider, a scuba diver, hiked Pike’s Peak, etc…:shock: More great times than I can recall…
I’ve had a TON of memorable moments, that I’ll treasure forever.
I’m most proud of the family, and my wonderful wife who’s been with me all the way, and with whom I hope to enjoy the next few decades with.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Steve,

I sell for and manage a commercial and residential HVAC company in Chicago. Latch on with a good company and you will never have to worry about getting hours. I have guys staying busy just doing PM’s without calls. If you’re good, companies will pay very well to keep you.