Let's not forget.. Whistler!

I will also say if they are doing Inspections after passing the exam then that is false advertizing of your skill set at least in Ontario.

Thanks for the reply Bill ,I do not remember any thing about 25%.
But It is possible many NACHI members are not ready to do Inspections .
I did a home Inspection for a person who had bought the home 3 months previous and he was impressed with us and how through we where .
He said his inspector was only 20 minutes ( I have no idea if this was correct) .
[FONT=Arial][size=2]He had a big Company promotion and was leaving the area.
He gave me his old report as he said he no longer needed it .
The Homie who did this report was an ex OAHI RHI now a member who has completed the peer review and is a member of PHPIC .
His report is shameful he missed to many things our industry does not need homies like this.
So even your group is far from perfect .

[/size][/FONT]

No group can control how individuals do their inspections. There are good and bad inspectors in all organizations.
It’s up to the organizations to test people under controlled circumstances to make sure they at least have some knowledge and skills. However, after all the testing is done, an inspector can easily slip into shoddy practices.

Bill Mullen

The expressions best understood is “Patty Cake Inspector” or someone that provides a “Soft Report” to appease the Real Estate Agents.
“Shoddy Practice” would refer to the Home Builders or Contractors.

Oh, I’m afraid there is also a lot of ‘shoddy practice’ in the inspection industry. Some inspectors just don’t understand how a house is put together or how it should perform. Some also just show up, run around quickly and produce a vague report, and it’s not always to please a Realtor. Sometimes it’s just because the inspector isn’t trained to know enough to give a full, pertinent report.

About half of Canadian inspectors have no affiliation to any organization, and these people don’t need to follow any Standards or answer to any Professional Practices committee.

Bill Mullen

Bill since this an open forum you might want to check your spelling.

Sorry Claude I can not get over it .
When a complaint was sent in regarding Bills action .[FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]You say “not totally on Bill”, but this does not excuse Bill. [/FONT]
You [FONT=Tahoma]are a close friend of his and made the decision on this .[/FONT]
You of all people should know this was wrong and you should of had a[FONT=Tahoma]n unbiased person look at the complaints .[/FONT]
You are not at arms lengt[FONT=Tahoma]h in too many past things in this industry, but tell people you are independent.[/FONT]
Why should I trust you and Bill t[FONT=Tahoma]o do things correctly when he has refused to follow the association rules and then bragged about doing this . [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Surely your mother taught you that you are judged by the company you keep. [/FONT]

A association certified. Just thought I would let you know that seeing you are not an INACHI certified member and must be lacking proper home inspection education.:wink:
Ever though of joining.:roll:

Kind of insulting to be here implying negativity on the free pass you get to sell your wares or, seeing Quebec is grinding financially to a halt soon again due to language stupidity “vendre ses marchandises” and honk your horn don’t you think Bill? .

To bad.
So sad…

Home builders and Contractors you say Kevin.

I think Bill did not learn very much from them when he bends Home Builders or Contractors ears about matters of interests.
You think he only listens to himself at these meetings?
I would be insulted myself and tell him that.

Bravo, Bravo. Another leason for Bill Free from the best inspection educators North of the 49th parallel. InterNACHI.
Now to be far Bill in 20 minutes you are not a certified home Inspector in INACHI.

Nice dreaming (or severely out of touch) in the last 2 paragraphs but you know (or maybe you don’t) this is so far from reality as to be laughable and at the same time, a very sorry state for an industry trying to represent itself as professional to the public. It’s similar to what I tell people having new homes built today- you’ll hear the word “quality” over and over and over but rarely, if ever, get it!

If you want to (and you should!) look at this from the consumer’s end… the best thing you can do for consumers is to provide the inspection industry with free, convenient, robust, government-approved inspection courses that inspectors can take whenever they want, as often as they want, without any deterrents (financial or otherwise).

Having said that mouthful… I refer you to: www.nachi.org/education.htm and ask you to scroll down.
%between%

You also tell them about Mike Holmes? His industry’s is what causes most issues with homes and that he should pick on Contractors?
That minimal code a pack of crap? It code and engineered to be just that. “Acceptable.”
That if clients spend more money, invest in education before the layout 3 large and learn to defend themselves they may get a better job?

Do you recommend a HI phase inspection.

This person is
http://www.ahi-ns.ca/inspector.htm
Brian MacNeish aka Hi.

Thanks for posting Brian MacNeish of Atlantic Home Inspectors .

He was removed from NACI forum for incorrect use of this forum.

Yes and he leaned how to send hate mail to. viruses!!!
Hi Brian.:slight_smile:

We had him all fingered out just after he asked, who is this guy Brian you refer to. It had been mentioned twice in 2 months.

He does seek attention and like to boast about his educational recall.
He is also cheap, base, beggarly, contemptible, despicable,dishonest, mean, pitiable, scurvy, shabby, sordid, sorry, tawdry, vile and any other adjective you wish to use for doing that (sending a virus or antagonising or to commit and not becoming a full time member and taking the heat like all members do or I have when members steep out of line in our peers eyes.

INACHI is a great place to be. If you see something broken, join, Pitch in and help!!!

I say this now as I have before Brian. No hard feeling. Individuals such as yourself do a disservice to others when you are not helping but complaining some thing is broken.
I know I would be very respectful towards you if you joined INACHI and aided.

Although I think he is highly intellectual and passionate about a better market place for the client seeking the surfaces of a home inspector he has made several mistaken personal judgements in my opinion.
Now trying to be incognito, I call it bold face liing myself to hide his identity,
All the best.
I wish you piece and contentment.
PS: Please accept my shortcomings for at times I do get carried away.

One more thing Brian…
You can not beat the King or Wit and Banter.

Just admire him and get that load off your shoulders.:wink: