Lets promote NACHI

Originally Posted By: Tommy
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Come on guys… let’s use the slow time while we’re waiting on the phones to start ringing again to promot NACHI. Dig around and hunt and add web links (remember Nick’s paying us for these…) Everywhere I search I keep seeing ASHI stuff. Let’s make NACHI #1. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

NACHI’s already #1… we just have to let other people know that icon_biggrin.gif

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://2ZCFRd4zoLctvLALAMqJ9RDXAHf.html)

Originally Posted By: rwills

I recently had a client who emailed me telling me his builder told him to ask if I was an A$HI member, I told him I wasn’t and that one of my memberships was with NACHI. He said the builder had never heard of it so I explained to him that there are more than one National HI orgs out there and that I joined NACHI because they really help there members get ahead and I also wanted to keep yhe revenue in my own state rather than the other orgs. He didn’t have a problem at all with it. My point is, if we could type up something to mass mail to RE offices, builders, etc, maybe we could get some recognition not just in Pa. but nationwide. How about teaming up to draft something and let the head honcho (Nick, that would be you) approve it. Then we download it, copy it, and each member mails it around their areas. Any other ideas on this? icon_question.gif

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Bob,

Congrats! Good thinking.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbell

I tell all of the inspectors I know about NACHI. Hey Nick how about some stickers we can display on or vechiles? Or a license plate to put on the front? Are any of these available yet? Just an idea.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: rwills

Attention Pa Members: One advantage we have over PHIC which is ASHI, headquartered in IL. and NAHI, headquartered in MN. is that we are from Pennsylvania! Not only is it one reason that I’m a NACHI member, but my clients (mostly Pennsylvanians) appreciate it as well. Since revenue to NACHI helps Pennsylvania in the long run try to see If you can find a small area on your websites front page and place this line in: " Help support Pennsylvania, hire a NACHI certified Home Inspector today!".

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I’m fighting my own battles here in Rockland County, NY. County passed HI legislation back in 1998, with no administrative piece. Now, the Home Inspection Board is drafting the rest of the legislation. Funny, cause it’s not subject to a legislative vote! How convenient. And, yep you guessed it, it follows the ASHI model legislation almost verbatim, wherever it cam. Right down to the ASHI SOP. Chairman of the Board? You guessed it, past president of NYSHI and local ASHI chapter.

The doc is chock full of fun stuff. You know: apprenticeships, not recognizing anything but the NHIE and requiring it for everything but themselves. The law conveniently fails to mention things like; qualifications and indemnification for mold testing, qualifications for Radon testing, termites... but it DOES require a WHOPPING $100,000 E&O policy. Why so low? Your guess is as good as mine, but maybe it's that some guys cant get higher coverage. Maybe they've been sues for being SUCK inspectors...

I'm ranting again...

Your pissed off inspector in NY... Joe F ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif)

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Joe F.

I think it is safe to say you are a little angry. No doubt with good reason now that you know exactly why ASHI exists and what they mean to you and other home inspectors around the world. They do this everywhere they go and NY is no exception.

Now is the time to let your legislature know what they are doing and why they are doing it. Send them to Nick if they want some real legislation that will better home inspectors and the industry.

Best Wishes! Hope your day gets better bro.

Joe Myers