Letter to Minister Fontana

Originally Posted By: rwand1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Still doesn’t affect my bottom line, and won’t be affecting my bottom line.

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

The value of experience is not in seeing much,

but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

NACHI Member

Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)

http://www.raymondwand.ca

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Quote:
So strange CMHC is saying that CAHPI ( this includes CAHPI/ONTARIO) is going to be the group that looks after the National Certification.

For clarification: OAHI/ CAHPI-Ontario is a member and sets its own higher benchmark for certification, not any different than NACHI chooses to set its own or would any other provincial association such as CAHPI-BC, and so on.
I suggest that one needs to put the whole document in context and realize the purpose of raising the performance level of home inspectors to one recognized standard as a suitable starting point in the business regardless of affiliation or not. As Ray states possibly having no impact on his business as it currently sits. It does not and should threaten any home inspector. It should however give one an idea of why and where home inspection standards are going for future initiatives to improve our lot.

Again for clarification - I choose not to respond on the rest of your comments. I think your point has been aired well enough in the past.

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Gee I wonder an election in Canada will do to the largesse of the Liberal Federal Government? nachi_sarcasm.gif

No one has proven beyond reasonable doubt CHIBO is or will be the success its suppose to be. There are many unanswered questions and clearly the document fails to provide answers. If this was the much touted big surprise at the National Conference in Niagara Falls, I think it fizzled. The fanfare was bigger than the release. Ooooooops, did I say that? Oh I guess I did. Oh my..

Still have many reservations (no pun intended). But like I said its not going to affect my business, and no one has proven so, just more utopia pie.

Everybody Loves Raymond.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

An article on the CAN-P-9 Standard by Penny Silberhorn, Canadian Standards Board, states:
?This comprehensive standard lays out the general operating requirements for the certification body, including provisions for a management system. It describes conditions for application, examinations, surveillances and recertification. And, it specifies the requisites for independence of training from certification, confidentiality of information, competence of staff and subcontractors, and the need for stakeholder input into certification schemes.?

Source ?Calibre?, Winter 2002 Issue

The national certification and accreditation model for home and property inspectors is intended to comply reasonably closely with CAN-P-9 criteria as published by the Standards Council of Canada. This does not guarantee or ensure that the model is in complete compliance with CAN-P-9 criteria.

In order to determine whether or not this model is in complete compliance with CAN-P-9 criteria, it would be necessary for the National Certification Body to undergo a comprehensive audit conducted by a firm
qualified to conduct ISO audits. Such an audit is outside the scope of this project.

Ethics and Professional Standards

A key component of the national certification program is ?ethics and professional standards?. Ethics and professional standards provide the public with assurance that individuals who are within a national certification program will abide by a set of rules and be governed by standards of practice that are enforceable. This component of national certification is part of the CAN-P-9 criteria.

Note: Nice to have ethics and professional standards, but it means diddly under the current regime of administration. Equality yes, double standards - NO!.

National Certification Body

CAHPI will act as the National Certification Body for home and property inspectors. CAHPI has declared it will take the steps necessary to comply with CAN-P-9 criteria. Note: CAN-P-9 certification is outside the scope and is not part of this project.

Thats just a few questionable items in CHIBO release. So confusing and complicated.

I'll post more as time becomes available. It sure appears some are trying to cast their mark on those affiliated with this small group and those not affiliated or with other associations.

Everybody Loves Raymond. (well okay.., maybe not everyone)

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Perhaps written with an open mind in legalese to stop those that feel the need to attack it. It helps to keep an open mind, with anything put in writing for public consumption. With the passing of time, the level of detail becomes less pronounced and it becomes easier to make other connections.

Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Deleted because I can.

Need to attack?

Seems to me this little project has been funded by taxpayers money, not to mention money through membership dues. It is anything but clear and is muddled in contradictory and presumptive lingo. Not to mention all those contradictory messages being sent out.

Yes with the passing of time the level of detail has not become any clearer. What appears to be occuring is more confusion, uncertainty, a bureaucracy in the making. Yes this document isn't any more easier to make connections than all the other drafts which have proceeded this one.

There still remains the concern that a good part of this document has been produced without sufficient survey results. The minimum for statistical purposes is I believe one thousand responses so that adequate and justifiable margins of error can be reliable. It is unfortunate in my opinion our Federal Government has bought this hook, line and sinker.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rcooke

clawrenson wrote:
Perhaps written with an open mind in legalese to stop those that feel the need to attack it. It helps to keep an open mind, with anything put in writing for public consumption. With the passing of time, the level of detail becomes less pronounced and it becomes easier to make other connections.

Sorry Claude but I feel that to have the Canadian Home inspection industry controlled by the CAPHI, CAHPI /ONTARIO could be a travesty.
Past records show that they are not capable of following their own rules and the rules of common sense.

You say let the past be, but wrongdoing should never be forgotten - until it is proven that those in power have changed.
This has not happened, those in power continue to talk about NACHI and its members with hatred.
We have no defense when members of Bill Mullens forum come to the NACHI open to all site, take information back and show destain for NICK, NACHI and its members.
I do feel those who wish to lead the National Initiative have an ulterior motive.
I also disappointed that decisions are being made that effect so many from so few, less than 5% (60 of 1300) CAHPI members.
There are far more non-members of CAHPI in Canada and they have had no say in their future, as CAHPI sees it.
This to me is far from a democratic way to run things.
Those who are making decisions have shown they are quite capable of slanting the truth continually, and do call me and others who wish fair treatment as liars.
Until CAHPI/Ontario leads by example and clean up their own house they should not be allowed to be involved with my and others futures.
Yes, I have proof of what I have said and stand behind all my statements.

If YOU!!! are not part of the solution then YOU!!! are part of the PROBLEM!!!!

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Oh and just to be on record, it is amazing how OAHI and what appears to be collusion with CAHPI and a Director in OAHI by the name of Andrew Bennett can under the guise of suspending withtout due process or just cause or adherence to the by-laws from the OAHI CAFE forum to silence any info coming out about the National, CHIBO or anyother info they do not wish the membership to be aware of. Does anyone in Ontario want to be overseen by over zealous people? Seems some are willing to stiffle any free thought under the directorship and ego of incompetency, or any form of questioning, and strive to release only the info they want released to support their power base and special interests.

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

Quote:
Until CAHPI/Ontario leads by example and clean up their own house they should not be allowed to be involved with my and others futures.

Why would they want to do that? It is obvious some enjoy being drunk with power, and total disregard for rules. You can't lead by example when there is no one willing to set an example. And quite frankly I haven't seen any examples around, unless of course anyone else has. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

rwand1 wrote:

Oh and just to be on record, it is amazing how OAHI and what appears to be collusion with CAHPI and a Director in OAHI by the name of Andrew Bennett can under the guise of suspending withtout due process or just cause or adherence to the by-laws from the OAHI CAFE forum to silence any info coming out about the National, CHIBO or anyother info they do not wish the membership to be aware of. Does anyone in Ontario want to be overseen by over zealous people? Seems some are willing to stiffle any free thought under the directorship and ego of incompetency, or any form of questioning, and strive to release only the info they want released to support their power base and special interests.

Unfortunately this is just one example of many that the Board of Directors of OAHI /CAHPI/ONTARIO

ignores their own rules and the rules of COMMON SENSE.

At least Claude speaks his mind he is the only one with the courage to give an opinion.
I do not always agree with him but do respect for his stance.
--

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

The ASHI’s of the north have much to learn about openess and inclusion and the right to dissemninate timely and informative info. If you like intimidation, bullying, stupidity, poor management, and egos, ASHI north has a place for you! Of course judging by the lack of in-depth discussion of the CHIBO amongst Canadians there is a total lack of interest and ignorance. Many do not care, don’t want to care, and are freightened to speak up. There has been more interest and discussion on the NACHI board about CHIBO, much to the dismay of ASHI north.

Next ASHI north will want everyone to wear a uniform, read Mien Kempf, and be told how to think. Ya gotta love the power tripping and ignorance of some of the leadership. The best excuse I have heard from Mr. Bennett a director with OAHI is, " I am a volunteer, and I don't get paid." Don't you just love it when someone with that caliber of thinking actually has to express it to justify an existance? The question that begs to be asked is why would anyone run for the Board of Directors if that is what they think? I guess it boils down to power tripping and trying to make oneself look intelligent. I guess you can't be too intelligent when one is surronded by fools. Oh my what a brash statement. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: lwillick

Raymond:

If I want to take a trip to Florida. Or to sunny California on business as an executive of an organization and all my expenses are paid. That means I am getting paid. The rank and file membership that pays the dues do not get to go on these trips. But I as an director or executive do. So how can they say they don't get renumeration ?

Larry

lwillick wrote:
Raymond:

If I want to take a trip to Florida. Or to sunny California on business as an executive of an organization and all my expenses are paid. That means I am getting paid. The rank and file membership that pays the dues do not get to go on these trips. But I as an director or executive do. So how can they say they don't get renumeration ?

Larry

Paid you bet they are.
They teach courses to the students and 90% of them never become full Time inspectors.
Many of the directors make more money teaching then most home inspectors could ever hope to make.
The old story the squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess that's why they make lots of noise.
Why do think they have refused to have a proper audit for many years.
Two treasurers in recent past quit in mid term because of improprieties.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: lwillick

Raymond:

Sounds like legal talk.

larry

It may be legal talk but it is a requirement and well established in law. If anyone can’t deliver the goods and has an ignorant attitude they should not be on the Board of Directors. Persons serving at the pleasure of the membership have a duty to act properly and within the confines. We don’t need anymore stupidity then that which is currently displayed. Being ignorant and stupid are easy, and apparently anyone can do it.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

They are compensated for their expenses incurred while in their capacity. Any director stupid enough to state he is a volunteer and/or not paid is thick!

They can’t even come up with good excuses. Duh!

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

- - - -

jbowman wrote:
If you guys put this much effort behind NACHI, we would be way ahead of the game in Canada.

Sorry, but I'm getting tired of reading about another organization and their downfalls.

Here's an idea for you. When posting anything about another organization show how NACHI addresses the same exact shortfall or positive attribute.

If NACHI is short of fulfilling the same requirements, suggest or submit your opinions on correcting the shortfall.

Sorry if you are upset John . I am happy with very NACHI and try to do what I can to maintain our growing.
I guess if you do not wish to read do as you have told others to do not read it .
Unfortunately Ontario Home inspectors are getting little information from the Local association and this is where the come to find out what is happening in Canada.
Thursday 8:30 am the count was at 1454 Sunday 8:45 AM the count is at 1687 that is over `115 hits a day of those looking for information on the CHIBO 11 project.
You can be sure while looking here they are also seeing what NACHI is doing for all members every where.

My Thoughts Others may agree.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree

Be Happy Join NACHI

--
Roy Cooke Sr.