Lewis Capaul Acting As An Agent For NAHI?

We all better remember that the NACHI mark of professionalism is no longer NICKS

So if you want to keep it on your truck etc. you are a member of another org. and must follow their rules

Nice way for another org to get 7,00 plus members

Lets see if they can collect the yearly renewal fees

rlb

Membership has its benefits. :mrgreen:

I demand to know who said Fu@k NAHI!

Stand by let me google that question

So Joe how do you feel about being a member of the “other” org??

rlb

Before I speak, I have something important to say.

In my best Groucho Marx immatation… “I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.” :smiley:

That is good

And one that I will use in the future

rlb

O.K., I will take you at your word, however don’t you know that threads like this one hurts everyone here not just Nick. Is your vendetta so important that you place it above your friends well being? i ask the same question of Dan Harris, further more if Ashi is so superior to Nachi, then why did Dan choose to start here instead? I believe everyone knows the answer. Just as Dan is doing Lewis, you are doing yourself more harm than you will ever do to Nick or Nachi, because Nachi is not Nick, it is all of the members, some bad, some good. Bitterness is like cancer,don’t let it consume you.

Hey Wendy, I hope you are well and I am sorry to hear that youve been having problems. Hang in there and have a merry Christmas! ken

Vendetta? :roll: :roll: No vendetta on my part.
When I joined I was all ready an ashi member, I honestly thought nacho was a honest org, as did several others from ashi or no org at all, if you research back positions of nick you will find he stated more than once, don’t promote nacho, promote yourself…
As soon as $s started to flow, it didn’t take long to realize that my buddie cookies statement , the emptiest wagon is the nosiest, and the bashing and name calling of inspectors from other orgs by nick, and a few others that are long gone from this profession took over…

How can you honestly say nacho is not nick and a few of his appointed when you absolutely no say in how you, our profession are represented to the public.
Again you can go back on old posts and you’ll see.
It’s been proven several times, either shut up or your bashed, keep talking , expressing you opinion, and your gone.
Today it’s join in with nick by bashing, lieing about others and your in…
</IMG></IMG>

Now that’s the pot calling the kettle black. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=lcapaul]

… but hate belongs to fools who can’t defend themselves or their opinions without resorting to threats and name calling.
quote]

Merriam-Webster

Hate
1 a**:** intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b**:** extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>2**:** an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>

It sounds like the word “hate” can be used by your feelings/actions you have expressed here. Since you feel that “Hate” belongs to fools, taking a different path (whether it’s from fear, anger or sense of injury) to deal with this issue is normally recommended.

I agree with this statement. If something was done wrong, than deal with it professionally. I’m glad the bill collectors can no longer call the neighbors and boss because of the action of that one person (even though the bill collectors might feel it was an effective way of getting the job done).

Gee I am honored (I think ) to be called your buddie ,
I would even be more happy if where to act like all my other buddies do , Voice your thoughts once or twice then move on to better things. .
I believe in free speech and voicing ones thoughts . But unfortunately you seem to be stuck in one groove . like the old record player you need a small thump in the middle of your back so you get to the next song of giving help to all.

…Cookie

Perhaps it’s time to stop feeding the TROLLS

Glad to see you’re still kicking Wendy, again though you’re wrong, a $600 Fine is disciplinary action isn’t it? They do have ways to collect that fine in Washington. if you owned any property they could place a lien against it, they can also report the unpaid fine to the different credit bureaus, they can suspend any State Business license, they could have the fine witheld from any State monetary benefits you may receive, with State HI Licensing coming you could be denied the license(unpaid fines, question of “good character”) The WSDA as a State Agency could turn the case over to the Attorney General for prosecution just like the State Police can do for unpaid or no show traffic fines, they could further increase the fine and, if your website has not been changed as they demanded, they can take more severe action against you. That’s all up to them.

If I were you I would appeal it, or pay it, or fight it, ignoring it is not going to make it go away. I guess it’s a matter of how big of an example you want them to make of you. When you make statement like this one on a public message board you have to be ready for the response of the other side, the WSDA in this case. there are a bunch of power mad bureaucrats there who don’t take challenges to their “authority” well. It’s your choice Wendy. good Luck

Well said Lewis ,Yes to ignore a fine does no good .
If I felt I was correct I would appeal instantly to ignore you will be found guilty and have very little recourse.
Appeal if for no other reason then to explain your side and then you could win or loose with no fine or get a very small fine.

…Cookie

Lewis,

Be sure and have the bug nazis in your state march up to Wendy’s home, throw her into the street, put her in the stocks or pillory, defame her, mock her, stone her, seize her personal assets, whip her children, and after all this, throw her in debtor’s prison.

What a worthless piece of **** you must be. Be very proud of yourself. This was a friggin vendetta from the get-go, wasnt it?

Correct me if I’m wrong here, Lewis… dont you hail from Idaho?

Hey.

Wendy broke the law (and ignorance of the law is no excuse) and was caught.

If she believes that they cannot fine her, she is welcome to that delusion, just like the one where she thought that she didn’t have to obey the law regarding HI requirements.

No one is “throwing her to the street”. She did it to herself.

Misplaced compassion is not caring, it is harmful enablement.

Will,

She was never in violation of the NACHI COE, as at the time of the complaint she hadnt performed a home inspection.

According to Dr. Sunami’s own words, in theory an inspector unlicensed by the WSDA could subcontract to a licensed inspector, and remain in compliance. These were his words.

Unfortunately, Wendy will not appeal, so we’ll never really know. I would ask a magistrate or judge to step in. Since the WSDA levied the fine, they should not handle the appeal process. Once the fine is levied, I would ask a magistrate or judge to step in to look at the enfoecability of all of this. They can examine Dr. Sunami’s answers, which were posted on this site.

As to Lewis, he’s acting like some puke who turns in his competition to bolster his own position in the pecking order. Was Lewis the one who turned Wendy in? Or, does his WSDA have som much time on their hands that they layed in wait for her? Is revenge what this is/was all about? Or, did Lewis act as their operative/watchdog. Pitiful

Joe, You must have me confused with someone who gave Wendy the wrong information about ignoring the warning of WSDA to change her website. I think if you check you’ll find that every Washington Inspector who posted about the subject told her the same thing, contact WSDA or an Attorney, or just comply. The same thing we had told her about getting the SPI License in the first place, we told her not to argue with us, contact the WSDA or one of her many attorneys, and NOT to listen to those from outside the State as to their interpretation of Washington Law. Bushart and others told her that the law was unenforcable, Who was right.

As to the issue of using Sub’s to conduct the WDO portion of the Inspection, I was wrong, along with every other Washington Inspector who had been taught the same thing by WSDA. I admitted my mistake, I haven’t seen any admission by the bushart group to theirs, it seems the Law is inforcable. By the way it was you who told me to file the ESOP Committee complaint against her, which brought her to the attention of the WSDA, I didn’t turn her in, they likely just picked it up from arguements on the Board and decided to make an example of her.

I advised her the other day to appeal or fight the fine, if she was telling the truth about her website months ago, and that she had no direct control over the editing of her pages, and that those who provided the website, one of the Nachi Vendors, would not reply to her when she asked them to make changes, then her appeal would probably just end up as an a$$ chewing and warning.

The WSDA allows its findings to be appealed directly to them, they often suspend the fine with just a warning not to do it again, if not the the person that was fined can take their appeal to the courts. Ignoring the fine won’t do much good.

If anyone is to blame for Wendy’s situation, it’s her and those she chose to listen to, not me or anyone else that gave her the correct advice.

She was also advised by Bushart that she did not even need to use a
Sub, she could just disclaim all portions of the SOP and her inspection having to do with WDO or its conducive conditions, that makes your SOP worthless, but then it’s your SOP, but it did not allow her advertise that she performed Pest Inspections, and months after she was warned they finally fined her.

I never have mentioned Wendy to the WSDA by name or location, but in conversations with them about the difficulty in “finding” home inspectors in an unlicensed State, I did suggest that they use the various Association’s “Find an Inspector” services to locate at least those who belong to Associations.

It’s funny Joe , that the great leader of the ESOP Committee would endorse using loopholes and disclaimers to get around violating not only State Laws but your own SOP.

I always like to end with a question when I’m replying to one of the Nachi Lords:

In the area that Wendy operates her business more than 80% of the damage to a home’s structure is caused by WDO. Is a home inspection that disclaims all mention of WDO or any conducive conditions to WDO, really a complete home inspection and, I guess it is because Bushart says so, substantially in compliance with the Nachi SOP, would you pay for such an inspection?

An old question I know but with Nachi’s rapid turnover in membership some new members may not have seen it.

For a very long time, a small group of home inspectors in Washington (with the gratitude and support of SPIs) have done with a law what most inspectors who push for legislation hope to do with their law…restrict their competition.

So far, no home inspector writing a home inspection report in Washington has been fined as a result of his home inspection report. Why? Because there is no law on the books in Washington State that governs home inspectors who perform home inspections and write home inspection reports.

By insisting that there is “logic” (not “law”) that would require a home inspector to get an SPI license…it is also to require that home inspector to have mandatory (and expensive) E&O insurance. This, too, is a requirement for SPIs but not home inspectors. Thus, by increasing the start-up costs to becoming an inspector, these few Washington inspectors are collectively limiting the amount of competition in their markets.

With the exception of Wendy stating she was a licensed SPI when she was not, this law has not been applied to anyone who is not an SPI. It is the SPIs that the law has jurisdiction over. Not home inspectors.

It is unfortunate that Wendy chose to advertise that she had a license she did not. No one on this MB supported such a decision as that…for it moves into a totally different area.

Tsumi, himself, stated that home inspectors need not have SPI licenses, in spite of what these jerkoffs have been claiming over the years. He further stated that it is possible that a home inspector could contract someone to do all of his WDO/WDI to a licensed SPI, and still be in compliance with the law.

I no longer address this imbecile, directly, Joe. It’s a total waste of time. His argument is not original and it is one that is carried on in many licensed states by licensed inspectors who try to get the state to thin out the competition for them. These people suck.

Good Ole’ James, never take the blame for anything, and even a better attorney than the Washington State Attorney General.

Most of the reason no inspector has been fined James, is that when they are contacted by WSDA they either get the license or they quit performing anything resembling a WDO inspection, which may account for the drastic drop in Nachi membership in the Spokane area.

What other inspectors in other States have to comply with has nothing to do with what Washington Inspectors do, does it. Missouri Inspectors don’t have to comply with Texas HI Laws do they?

True, anyone can be a Home Inspector in Washington State, for awhile anyway, they just can’t report on anything having to do with WDO or its conducive conditions, which would result in a Home Inspection and Report that most of us, except for you, wouldn’t recognize as having any value to a Home buyer.

But that’s an old argument that was settled by the State Attorney General, not the way you liked it though. Wendy’s problem was that she chose to listen to your arguments that the law was unenforcable.

Next year the SPI issue won’t matter as the asinine requirement will likely be done away with in the new Washington State HI Licensing.