Like Diogenes, I am searching for one honest home inspector

For even one Home Inspector who is willing to admit that they have signed Thornberry’s Pledge… Just one… Anyone?

Will no one come forward?

Joe … think about it. Would an honest home inspector sign such nonsense?

Would a dishonest home inspector who signed such a pledge … be honest enough to admit it?

Good luck with your quest.

This Pledge is bought & paid for and the sole property of Nathan. It is under his direct control and subject to his change without any notice. Besides that who knows what the small print says and what you are giving up by signing it.

Is there no one who will publicly stand with Nathan and admit they signed this piece of crap which was designed to dupe the public?

I love all these pledges, they make everyone’s business special.

And when everyone is special, no one is.

All kidding aside, Joe … who would actually sign that thing? He is putting it up as a joke. It’s not real.

I can think of one or maybe two.:wink:

I’m not counting those with whom he shares a cuckold relationship. I mean real home inspectors. Can you imagine anyone actually putting their name on something like that?

He is just putting that out there to make a point. He fears having home inspectors drawing attention to the fact that they do not give him personal information about their clients … in that, it will soon go viral as agents catch on to the need to refer inspectors who set themselves apart from those who do.

He’s in a panic mode right now. That is all this silly thing is that he is putting out. It is to confuse and misdirect … much like everything else he does. Nobody is going to buy into it, for real, IMO.

Wow, I was duped again by Thornberry the liar, how clever, is there anything genuine about him beyond his ability to trick others?

Boy, what a sucker I am, might be time to pack it in, change the name and turn the place over to Nate’s Bait Shop, I am a beaten man… Hook, line & sinker I swallowed. :oops:

WTF is this last paragraph?

"I realize my position in the real estate transaction is to report on defects- not to scare client. I pledge not to use alarmist tactics, and to do my best in ensuring that I obtain the buyer’s permission (where applicable), to get documentation to any and all interested parties including the agent who represents them so well.

I realize that creating unnecessary friction in a real estate transaction is a disservice to the clients I share with the real estate agents who represent them, and I promise not to diminish, degrade, or make any derogatory comments about an agent to their client, whether that client was referred to me by the agent or not."

You took him at his word, Joe. Most know better. You trust too much.

WTF is this last paragraph?

"I realize my position in the real estate transaction is to report on defects- not to scare client. I pledge not to use alarmist tactics, and to do my best in ensuring that I obtain the buyer’s permission (where applicable), to get documentation to any and all interested parties including the agent who represents them so well.

I realize that creating unnecessary friction in a real estate transaction is a disservice to the clients I share with the real estate agents who represent them, and I promise not to diminish, degrade, or make any derogatory comments about an agent to their client, whether that client was referred to me by the agent or not."

That’s what I’m talking about. What real home inspector … even the most soft report writing inspector in the business … would ever come out and publish that he took an oath like that? I mean, there are tons of inspectors who operate like that … but they don’t admit it to anybody, for crying out loud.

It’s not for real. It can’t be.

Jim,

You are right, because Nathan is smart & interesting he’s the kind of guy I hate disliking, but you’d think by now I’d have caught on to his easy way with duplicity and not fallen into the trap. Throughout my life whenever I’ve found myself in a jam it has always because I trusted someone like Thornberry and let them get too close.

Who knows, when it all finally settles out I might find myself included in a large group of prominent people who were duped by Thornberry, then I might not feel so dumb.

Thanks for commiserating.

There might be a few who actually have … with the full knowledge and assurance that their identity would be forever concealed. Look at how many were willing to admit that they would not pledge to protect the privacy of their client in the thread where they had that opportunity.

It will die down until Joe gets the site up. Then he will start it up again in an attempt to distract people from the Client Fidelity Pledge.

Once you read between the lines - this line is really amazing. :shock:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Indeed.

Home inspectors who make the Client Fidelity Pledge will be clearly identified and they (with their affidavit) will be accessible and visible to the public.

NACHI will not be hosting it. As we have stated from the beginning, this is not and never has been a NACHI project. We appreciated Nick’s offers of assistance, but we have decided, for obvious reasons, to put as much distance between the Client Fidelity Pledge and this nonsense as we can.

We have another association with high ethical standards that approached us and will be hosting it through their site so that the public can clearly distinguish between this nonsense and the legitimate action — where home inspectors promising NOT to sell their clients private information to Thornberry and other alarm systems salesmen — are clearly identified and promoted, professionally.

We will be announcing the program here and on various other message boards as news becomes available and the Client Fidelity Pledge, as previously stated, will be accessible to home inspectors of all associations (or no associations) from across the United States and Canada who want to set themselves apart … not only from this nonsense … but from inspectors who sell their clients personal information and modify their inspection agreements to waive their clients’ rights to privacy.

Any and all interested parties? Really? C’mon Nathan, you know better than that, at least I hope you do.

I’m sure by now you’ve read my privacy agreement on my website:

This is on every page of my report:

And my PIA has this statement and nothing more about the release of Client information which is in the report:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There in lies a major problem Nathan. You see, it’s not my report, it’s my clients report, he/she paid for it & can do with it whatever they desire.

Please point out to me the verbiage that does what you claim.