Limited inspection agreement document

It has been a quite a while since I have done a walk and talk consultation. I try to avoid these, but I have a special circumstance that this makes the most sense. I cannot locate my sample agreement for this. Can anyone point me to the copy of this? Is it somewhere in Internachi’s Library? Thanks.

I was asked to do one of these recently (pre-listing) because the sellers agent “didn’t want to know about any deficiencies and didn’t want to have to disclose them in a report if they weren’t fixed”. :angry::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:
I said the least I was willing to do was a “4point”. So, I essentially did what would be a 4 point.

One can make any scope of agreement they and the client want PRIOR to the inspection process. See th SOP: https://www.nachi.org/sop.htm

Home Inspection Standards of Practice

Last revised January 2018

Table of Contents

1. Definitions and Scope

2. Limitations, Exceptions & Exclusions

3. Standards of Practice

3.1. Roof
3.2. Exterior
3.3. Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure
3.4. Heating
3.5. Cooling
3.6. Plumbing
3.7. Electrical
3.8. Fireplace
3.9. Attic, Insulation & Ventilation
3.10. Doors, Windows & Interior

1. Glossary of Terms

1. Definitions and Scope

1.1. A home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of the accessible areas of a residential property (as delineated below), performed for a fee, which is designed to identify defects within specific systems and components defined by these Standards that are both observed and deemed material by the inspector. The scope of work may be modified by the Client and Inspector prior to the inspection process.

Continued…

1 Like

Walk Through Agreement