Listing Inspections

Originally Posted By: jhorton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

What is the general consensis on these type of inspections?

I have stayed away from doing them at the recommendation of my lawyer (years ago). His concern was that you I would be held liable by the new buyer for anything that went wrong. That it could be perceived as a warranty on the house.

BTW I am getting a list of questions ready and going to visit him and do a business review soon. This is one thing I want to ask him about.

For those of you that do these do you have any additional verbiage you add in your contract?
Do you make the Realtor or the Home Owner your client?

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: dcarroll

Here is something that I include at the end of my report.

THE INSPECTION AND REPORT ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ADEQUACY, PERFORMANCE, OR CONDITION OF ANY INSPECTED STRUCTURE, ITEM, OR SYSTEM. BOTTOM-UP IS NOT AN INSURER OF ANY INSPECTED CONDITIONS.

There is another older post by Russell Ray on this same topic with some good info.

Originally Posted By: cradan

providing anything other than an opinion report. No warranty or guarantee of fitness, suitability, or any other thing, implied or actual. That language needs to appear in your documentation whether you’re working for a buyer, seller, realtor, or anyone else.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: jpeck

In my opinion, all pre-listing inspections should be preceded with a pre-inspection disclosure.

Dear Seller,

ANYTHING WE FIND DURING OUR INSPECTION MUST EITHER BE REPAIRED OR DISCLOSED TO POTENTIAL BUYERS.

ABCHomeInspectionCompanyorWhatever

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida