Long Island Chapter of Nachi

Originally Posted By: jruppert
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am a home inspector on Long Island, New York and along with Lenny Ungar (another Long Island home inspector) we are planning to start a NACHI chapter here. There are a lot of home inspectors on Long Island and since the closest NACHI chapter is about a two hour drive away, it seems like it makes sense to have our own chapter here on Long Island. Nick Gromicko thinks it?s a great idea, as does Igor Smetaniuk (who has been very capably leading the closest NACHI chapter (Lower Hudson Valley)). The chapter would meet on a monthly basis at a local restaurant in the Melville area (approximately graphically centered on Long Island).

We?d like to see how many of you Long Islanders agree and how much support there would be on a local basis. Any feedback that you have, (pro or con) would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Originally Posted By: dacton

Jim,

It sounds great! It would be nice to attend a Local Chapter meeting, on LI!!!

--
Donald A. Acton
Acton Property & Environmental Inspection Services
North Massapequa, New York

Good Don - I’ll make sure you are on our invite list which we are putting together now. See you soon.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Put me on the list too … icon_wink.gif

Robert O’Connor, PE

Eagle Engineering ?

Eagle Eye Inspections ?

NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Build it and they will come… and so will I.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

The turnout will be better than you expect and the time together will be invaluable.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

OK Robert - you are on the list. Thanks for your interest and we will keep you posted regarding the first meeting.

Jim

Jeff - thanks for your support. Does anyone know the easiest way to get an email list of the local inspectors?

Jim

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jim, get the information to Nick and he will build the page and email the inspectors in your area for it.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Dave - do you mean Nick will actually assemble the list of email addresses? And I assume that if that is the case, it will be strictly NACHI members?

Jim

Nick, I think you are correct , “build it and they will come”. I am looking forward to our first meeting: with you as the keynote speaker how can we go wrong? icon_biggrin.gif

Jim

Originally Posted By: jsavino

As a new member of NACHI, you can count me in also. I look forward to meeting the other members. Please keep me informed. Thanks John icon_cool.gif

OK John - your on the list. I’ll see you soon.

Jim

If you could give me a little advanced notice that may give me some time to invite some other instructors and students from LIU, where I teach some HI classes … icon_idea.gif

Also, maybe consider setting up some kind of short continuing education part, if thats not too much for a first meeting. You could talk to Gerry Beaumont about some suggestions and contacts, and that might get a lot of inspectors interested in going ...

Just my 2-nickles

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Robert - the best guess at this point for the date of the first meeting is Wednesday April 21st, but we are just now confirming things, so it is not yet written in stone. We are thinking of an evening meeting (6:30 PM ), at the 56th Fighter Group Restaurant on Route 110 in Farmingdale. I will let you know for sure as soon as possible. (We will be doing one of the typical NACHI announcements shortly.)

I think your idea of an education session is great! Since you teach would you be interested in running an education program?

Jim

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Jim … give me a call and we can talk … icon_wink.gif

P.S. Great location for a meeting ... the 56th Fighter is a cool place ...

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/longislandchapter.htm

Jim: Proof please.

Nick

We have had a nice response to the idea of forming a chapter on Long Island, New York. I called half a dozen local inspectors out of the blue this weekend and they are all interested in the chapter. Now I’m motivated to keep calling! icon_lol.gif