Long Island Mentor / Boss?

I am looking to work for someone/company who is looking to be a mentor / boss on Long Island. I have my commerical drone license, I have a very strong technical background, a penchant for fixing my old tudor house the right way. There are great contractors out there but Ive come across a lot of bad ones too which sparked my new passion during Covid to become a home inspector. I am looking to keep pursuing my education by obtaining my commercial inspector license, basic thermography training though internachi and if necessary pursuing whatever thermography rating is desired. If you are looking to market your company better I also come from the audio video world where I worked at a top tier post production company that worked on projects from Covergirl to Toyota. Ive paid my dues before in a very professional setting and looking to reinvent this 42 yr old wheel that keeps turning and earn a reputation as a great home inspector for your company.

All the best,

James

James, you may want to contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors . And there is the new training cards app Chris Morrell, InterNACHI’s CEO, offers: New training app for home inspectors

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things.

And, read the forum for much information.

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy!

That’s what I figured. I appreciate your help! Just looking to work for someone with a multi inspector company.