Long Island NACHI Chapter meetings Sept. 1st & Sept. 15t

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.linachi.org

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: bmerrell

The September 1st meeting is sponsored by the NY Metro Education Chapter, and is administered in conjunction with AEN School and Merrell Institute. The Direct site for this meeting is www.NACHImeeting.com

The September 15th meeting is sponsored directly by the LI Chapter administered by co-founder Len Unger. Direct site for this meeting is
www.linachi.org

September 1st reservations: drmerrell@optonline.net
September 15th reservations: allaround@optonline.net

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Bill,

There are no such entities as "education" chapters. It may be a meeting to disseminate information, but there is no such thing as an "Educational Chapter".

Every chapter strives to provide mothly, free, educational venues for our members, in a relaxed atmosphere. The purpose of education is not to promote a particular vendor. In fact, vendor-specific portions of ant educational presentation are limited to no more than 10% of the presentation time. As most educational portions of meetings are typically limited to 45-minutes to an hout, this averages out to about 5 minutes.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

There are 2 meetings scheduled. and both have also been endorsed by the Long Island Chapter. I would be happy to call the Sept. 1st meeting and Education meeting as compared to an education Chapter meeting. This is not a self serving meeting as some may believe. The major focus is on grandfathering which would not require any further education. I guess I am up to speed on that one. E-mailed Bob O’Conner and he believes that proctored exams may be required as well.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail Bill Merrell at drmerrell@optonline.net for the Sept. 1st meeting and Len Unger at allaround@optonline.net for the Sept. 15th meeting. Both will be enjoyable and are designed to benefit Home Inspectors in general.

FYI, The Neighbor News, which is a publication of approx. 250,000 homes on Long Island will be publishing my article on Home Inspection Licensing on August 31st, 2005. I was proud to mention www.nachi.org as a premier organization in the industry. There was a prior article in Suffolk Life which I published July 26th, 2005 which reached over 500,000.

I am happy that both newspapers asked me to write an article about the soon-to-be licensing guidelines for Home Inspectors and I was able to mention NACHI by name.

All Island media, which has a subscription base of over 550,000 asked me to write an informational piece as well. When that will be published is at this point unknown. I will post the date when it occurs. All the positive NACHI advertising and articles helps each NACHI member.

Bill Merrell, Ph,D- fellow NACHI member

The 9-1 meeting can be located under www.homeinspectormeeting.com

the 9-15 meeting can be located under www.linachi.org

Thanks for the heads up- had it changed today so there was no confusion