Looking for a flashlight

I’ve been looking for a new flashlight but can’t seem to find anything i like. I want a simple flashlight that turns on and off.

I DO NOT want one that has different settings like high, medium and low or flashing. Unless I can somehow lock into a setting.

Anybody have any advice

1 Like

Decent flashlight for the price. Have had mine since 2020.

3 Likes

My favorite. Turns on and off at the bottom. You can cycle thru settings, but not thru the on off button which is a plus.

I’ve had mine three years and put it thru rugged testing. It’s had a hard life but keeps on shining. Be sure to pick neutral over cool white. I’ve tried both and neutral picks up ceiling stains very well.

ThruNite Handheld Waterproof LED Flashlight - TN12 V4 1100 Lumen Mini CREE XP-L V6 EDC Flashlights for Indoor & Outdoor (Camping, Hiking, Security, Emergency) - NW https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EWW91S8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_F4685WYEESN4MCAXRK3E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Since you are only looking for a flashlight that turns on and off with no other criteria stated here is an inexpensive one.

:rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Must be a popular one, currently unavailable! :grinning:

WOW that went quick! Did you buy it Junior? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OK here is one that is “a simple flashlight that turns on and off” and still available but he needs to hurry as only 8 left.

Simple flashlight that turns on and off

:wink: :wink:

3 Likes

My go to crawlspace headlamp
Triceratops LED Headlamp - Dinosaur Headlamp for Kids Camping Essentials | Dinosaur Toy Head Lamp Flashlight for Boys Girls or Adults | Ideal Gift for Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0956WTN6L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RDRT1N8EN34AR164VNKB

2 Likes

Wow, you guys are good at finding the deals. :grinning:

Don’t forget your shake light. :grinning:

4 Likes

WOW now that’s a lot better option! You can recharge it in the field!!

Shake Light 40-B Manufacturer details

Of course you’ll need a little KC & The Sunshine Band on tap to help out! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

LOVE IT!! Gonna buy me dozens, put the company logo on them and hand them to clients! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Cory,
You may have a hard time finding a high quality light that only has one brightness setting. (as evidenced by the previous suggestions not containing any daily-use quality lights with only one brightness level)

I wear a 1000 lumen headlamp which keeps my hands free for tools or grabbing things for balance. But in my pocket I take a powerful light that can reach the tops of attics and corners of crawlspaces if I can’t get up close. The Fenix LR35R has all-metal construction, is heavy duty, waterproof and comes with quality-made rechargeable 21700 batteries that give an honest run-time. It is much brighter than a car headlight.

3 Likes

I have the same flashlight in my truck as Bert uses. It is great.

2 Likes

I had the same wish when I was flashlight shopping. I did not want to cycle through settings to get to what I wanted and to turn off the light. I was also budget conscious and did not want to spend a small fortune on flashlights, lol. I settled on the model below. It allows you to lock in the setting you want using the mode selection dial. It stays on that setting until you change it. It also comes with the charger and a battery. At @ $45, I have been very impressed.

3 Likes

Plenty of quality flashlights out there with separate switches for On/Off, and the modes or brightness levels. Use that criterion for your search.

I use the same as Bert and Larry, never had any problems even when dropped. I can’t say the same for the small MAG lights I used to use.

Were they LED or standard bulbs back then?

1 Like

The first ones with the standard bulbs would always break the filament, sometimes even with a slight jar or drop! The LED ones were slightly better but no where as bright as the FENIX.
I know, I’m dating myself. :rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing is the same as 10-15-20 years ago. Even the original Fenix was a far cry from today’s tech.
I wonder how many newbie inspectors have never even seen a non-LED flashlight?

3 Likes

I use the same… it’s great. The different intensity settings come in handy in different situations. It tough as well. Mine jumped out of the case on top of a steep 2-story roof… rolled off, hit the driveway, and just had a little ding in it. **Warning… be careful putting it close to stuff on ‘High’… it gets very hot.

2 Likes