Looking for a flashlight

Here is what i use.
Fenix TK20R USB Rechargeable Flashlight - Fenix Lighting

[FENIX TK20R 1000 Lumen USB Rechargeable Cree LED tactical Flashlight with, rechargeable battery, holster USB charging cable and EdisonBright BBX3 battery carry case bundle - -

1 Like

Klarus makes the best flashlights hands down. The Klarus XT11X will light up an attic space like daylight. Been using them for years without any problems.

2 Likes

Looks like a good one

1 Like

Remember the Squeeze Action flashlight. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome back to ou forum, Robert Cappello!..Enjoy participating…after 11 years! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Very happy

Amazon.com

Led Rechargeable Flashlights High Lumens, 90000 Lumens Super Bright Flashlight, XHP70.2 Zoomable & IP55 Waterproof Brightest Tactical Flashlights for Emergencies, Camping (Battery Included) (p70.2s)

Link, Brand, ???

If it is truly 90,000 lumens, not only would it be outrageously expensive, it would be totally impractical for doing damn near anything with it, lol. All the imported flashlights on Amazon have crazy lumens listed. Just read some of the reviews if you want to see who the suckers are.

1 Like

Exactly!!

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, James Langworthy!..Enjoy participating. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here is evidently the brightest commercial flashlight in the world.

2 Likes

I guess I’m in the minority. I get a relatively inexpensive LED flashlight from Amazon. It allows me to see all of the way into the attic space or crawlspace. I don’t need to see what’s going on 3 miles down the road.

2 Likes

True, but they are gadgets. I like my gadgets, guns and country :wink:

3 Likes

If anyone cares I ordered the [Pro Series 1000 w Mode Selector] Maybe I’ll love it maybe I’ll hate it but thats to all for the input…

However the Pez dispenser flashlight and the t-rex headlamp were very close runners up.

2 Likes

Nice. Let us know how it goes. A real product review would be nice for a change, especially for us that have the same needs.

2 Likes

100,000 lumens. Those are rookie numbers. These guys pumped up those numbers. :flushed:

3 Likes

I thought it would be fun to walk my dog around the block with my LR35R 10,000 lumen light.
It was so bright, I couldn’t tell when a car was coming up behind us. Their headlights didn’t even show up on the road ahead of us.
It is stupid bright on turbo mode.

But I was in an attic just last week and had my 1000 lumen headlight on (great for walking around while keeping hands free to grab trusses for stability). As I walked down the center of the attic I stopped periodically to un-holster the LR35R and survey of the soffits. The turbo mode did make some water stains at the edges much easier to find.

2 Likes

Hi Cory.
I prefer hand-held UV LED Lamps. The charge lasts for over weeks, dependant upon use of course.
They cover a wide area with lumination, and have an adjustable stand for position of lumination when not being handheld.
This is the model I purchase. Mastercraft 280 Lumen LED IPX7 Waterproof Work Light. $59.00. I await a sale, usually $19.00, but have bought as discounted as $12,00, and purchase 3 at a time. I use them for all times of needs including as a boating safety light. They are waterproof and float.

To follow up I love the new light. Its light and easy to handle, the light output is great since I can change depending upon the condition. The price was great. I only wish I could change the beam from only spot to flood but that’s totally manageable. Over all I’ll probably order an extra to keep on hand just in case Its been great so far.

1 Like

You definitely want to have a few flashlights. You never know when you might forget to charge one, lose one, damage one, or have one malfunction. I carry 4 in my bag to every inspection. I also will sometimes give one to the client for use during the walk-around if the basement is dark, etc.

2 Likes