Looking for a mentor in my area

Hello I am looking for a mentor . I’m a new inspector and was just looking for a little guidance in the right direction . I live in the Douglasville Ga area . Thank you

1 Like

First lesson… Nobody knows where Douglasville is!!

4 Likes

It is where Douglas was born and grew up.

2 Likes

Terry, if you care to drive from Douglasville GA 3 hours north on I-75 to Knoxville TN you can learn with me. If you plan right, you can carpool with Vincent from Chattanooga which is 1/2 way between you and me.
I have a couple interesting homes coming up

7 Likes

I live in Douglasville Ga . I thought that was included in on that but it wasn’t . But anyway I’m looking for a mentor in my area not Tennessee.

Terry, contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions.

3 Likes

Terry, I would take Bert up on his offer. Don’t let the drive discourage you. Bert is one of the best!

7 Likes

I would like to take Bert up on his offer. I need to adjust my schedule so I can drive up that way .

2 Likes

Bert I would like to see what the exact days you have inspections on . I would have to get my schedule together so my children are taken care of.

1 Like

Terry, you can email me at info@KnoxEHI.com or text me (901) 568-BERT and I’ll respond to you with some opportunities.

4 Likes

I have scheduled a home for Terry to inspect with me part way between Knoxville and Atlanta only about 20 miles north of the GA/TN border in Cleveland TN on his day off (Saturday). We will be inspecting a 20 year old suburban home on a crawlspace and the out-of-state buyer (Washington State) won’t be there so Terry and I can take our time discussing our findings. Terry will get a nice head start on his Home inspection career by getting some real hands-on experience in a town of similar size and vibe as Douglasville.
I’ll let you guys know how our inspection goes.

7 Likes

Is that a fancy TN name for: “House Style: Mobile-Doublewide”?

2 Likes

Nothing fancy about Cleveland TN :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s all perspective, is it not? :wink:

2 Likes

Bhull1. I live in Denver. It seems very difficult to get a local mentor. I may be willing to fly out for a couple of days if you’re willing and might appreciate a little help.

2 Likes

Sure, I’d be happy to help, but you are right outside the Internachi headquarters. Maybe someone at Internachi can direct you to a helpful local inspector. Nick, do you have anyone local willing to train new inspectors in the INTERNACHI SOP?

Luckily there is a cheap direct flight on Allegiant from Denver to Knoxville, under $100 each way if it comes to that.

3 Likes

A fun day of inspecting and learning with Terry and Vincent :rofl:

8 Likes

Bert , I Had a great time and you are a great mentor . I really appreciate you and Vincent letting me go out with you

5 Likes

Christopher. How is your mentor search going? Let me know if you want to head out to TN on that direct flight. I got a spare bedroom for you.

3 Likes

I am interested but it may be a month or two before I can make it out there. I’ll try to shoot for January or February if that is ok with you. Thanks for staying in touch with me on this. Maybe we can FaceTime or something next week.

Chris

| Bert Hull, TN #1162 bhull1 InterNACHI®️ CPI
November 11 |

• | - |

cstevenson2:

Bhull1. I live in Denver. It seems very difficult to get a local mentor. I may be willing to fly out for a couple of days if you’re willing and might appreciate a little help.

Christopher. How is your mentor search going? Let me know if you want to head out to TN on that direct flight. I got a spare bedroom for you.

3 Likes