Looking for any info on this one

i write up in report…" evidence of moisture/water intrusion noted at… Client is advised to have evaluated and repaired as needed by a qualified contractor."

This statement identifies the problem and directs client to the next step which is outside the inspectors scope of work.

FYI…Using drylok or any other water/moisture proofing inside does not fix the problem. It may make it worse as water will still intrude into block/wall and not be able to dry out holding water content in wall will create a number of other issues and still not solve the problem. The problem is water contacting exterior of wall is not being repelled. To repel the water adequate waterproofing and drainage would need to be provided at exterior side of wall.

2 Likes

Just to be clear Marce. I maybe did 3 to 4 poured concrete foundation leak repairs a year besides the exterior masonry repair and other building work I provided.

Most often, the perimeter weep tiles were blocked with silt and the perimeter drainage field impaired.
I excavated the impaired aggregate field, replaced the blocked section of weep tile, cleaned the existing weep tile with a pressure washer around the periphery of the foundation, repaired the concrete foundation crack after excavating with concrete and bare steel, installed a barrier once the foundation cured, and graded the lot after excavation.

These clients were quote an entire system at upwards of $30,000 without regarding and sod and I fixed/repaired the defect for roughly 15% the cost and gave a 10 year guarantee.

Look a little closer it is a poured concrete wall. :roll_eyes: With no cracks or previous foundation leaks.

If I lived closer, I’d be over for a few games of pool and darts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s cool we also have tunes down there, and an old player piano, O and you can ride the carousel horse. HA HA. Yeah it is real, solid wood. And yes we have craft brews in the fridge, No Budweiser.

1 Like

Awesome, haha! :grinning:

1 Like

What? …you don’t play corn hole? LOL!

I’ve not played darts much but I love to play pool with ys, Junior. :grin:

1 Like

I use to play on a dart league and a pool league once upon a time. Played a few small town pool tournaments as well. I would be rusty now! :grinning:

2 Likes

Me, too…it would be fun… :smiley:

2 Likes

I am not that good so we would be on an even playing field. :grinning:

2 Likes

Morning, Scott.
Hope this post finds you well.

Poured concrete. Happy for you.
I was referring to the OP’s post, “Not seen many cement block basement foundations”
As to you. I have not seen that I remember the product DryLock. Nor would I refer this type of moisture retaining agent to anyone. Bill Van Tassel professionally expressed my opinion on the subject.
Bill Van Tassel, “Your This Best” posting I have seen on this subject of DryLock. Kodos brother!

1 Like

This post should be marked as (Solution.)
Thank you, Bill.

All these pictures you took of the basement are proven facts that there might be a structural problem. DON’T try to over think it. It is what it is. If it was me,I would of put on the report to have a structural engineer take a further look at it and evaluate it further for repairs if needed. If you are not sure about something , don’t be afraid to pass it on the a higher expert in that field. You will fell alot better about it by doing it that way and it will prove to the buyers that you are looking out for their interest in the home.

I was wondering if that was a player piano!

1 Like

the actual PROBLEM was the crack, NOT the stupid drain tiles - and it’s drain tiles not weeping tiles

and a big 3-4 a year huh, so you r an expert on this crap huh? Yeah okay

Question. What failed first, the chicken or the egg? Once you got that question worked out, work on your attitude and grammar. Unfortunately though, at your age, the rest of your failings, which are many, will be impossible to fix I predict.
Too Bad.
So Sad!

got milk???

1 Like

The problem at the moment is you. I will ask the organization to have you stifled on the MB.

i’m the problem here huh? hahahaaa!

i came on this mb long time ago to simply try and help some homeowners not get scammed by interior drainage system knotheads n maybe a few HI’s looking for more facts on this subject but YOU say i am the problem, friggin amazing

Morning, Marc. Hope to find you well and in good health today.

Yes, the majority of the individuals that read your posts, I/we, believe you did.

But you must understand Mark, the bottom line is, you are interacting with trained or training home inspectors. Home owners are not part of the audience. You are actually talking to individuals professionally trained, thanks to InterNACHI, in the understanding and analyses of building defect recognition and professional referrals.
As well Marc, I know there is a place for interior drainage systems.
As well, you are not situated in the center of conclusions due to many factors. A: Soils in your region, to which you never opine on, are but a small area of North America, as well as the climate zone that you work within.
B: The foundations you depict are mostly CMU not poured concrete, stone, wood or brick.
C: Your vocabulary and teaching skills require polish, I am being polite, to penetrate the largest audience to message to.

Follow other posts for examples.
Educate on all foundations.
Learn about the entirety of and repair systems in place for all foundation system that are available in North America past and present.

I know I would be very willing to hear and listen what you have to say. But until then, content, succinct, syntax, image, illustration.
Best regards.
Robert

1 Like