Looking for florida home inspectors for help with licensing

so im looking for help on the steps to become a home inspector in florida so fare iv done 8 of my 20 courses for my 120 hrs…just trying to get some more info on what to do after. next steps so on. and wonder if anyone knows about the florida state exam if its hard and what to really study on…thanks everyone in advance.

Just a FYI spelling and basic grammar skills are going to be critical to your success.

7 Likes

Ok thanks for the info…

1 Like

<<bad decision, you’ll see>>

3 Likes

You need to comply with the list found here:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CheckListDetail.asp?SID=&xactCode=1030&clientCode=0401&XACT_DEFN_ID=13061

I attached the State application, it contains some useful info to prepare for.
HI0401_Application_for_Licensure.pdf (229.5 KB)

3 Likes

Thank u for the feedback

Thanks so much for your help.

2 Likes

About the Florida State exam, once you get all your courses done study the same material a few times and you should be able to pass the exam; I did exactly that and passed the first time. I think I only came across one question on something that I had never heard of before everything else was in the courses.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will definitely be doing that.

1 Like

Just an FYI, If FYI is used as a noun is must be ‘an FYI’ because the ‘F’ has a vowel sound (ef).

2 Likes

Let me know if you have any more questions, also make sure you complete Florida courses requirements, not the same as certification requirements. Florida requires a few more courses.

1 Like

Ok thank you. Do u happen to know what they are or how I can find them? Thanks again

Ok I thank I know what ur talking about now…

Be sure to practice until you are proficient in all sections. Don’t make the mistake I made first pass. Despite being confident, I got a 92 first go-round but tanked the exam because I had a 50% on one section and Florida requires I believe 80% or higher on every section. The NACHI exam is a great start, but as I found the FloriDuh exam was quite a bit different than the questions on the NACHI exam. I asked Nick a while back how to be sure my proficiency all-around was much higher. Nick sent me this link which has 2,093 practice questions vs. the smaller subset on the NACHI practice exam: https://www.nachi.org/my/education/practice-questions

1 Like

They should be on the Nachi website. I completed my certification and when I did apply for my license they can back and told me that I needed more. So I spend an entire weekend completing the rest of the courses. There were five or six more.

1 Like

Thank you I want to make sure I practice everything.

They are. Slightly harder to find though. I was done with my 15 courses initially and started work on the mock inspections, came back to find I had a few more courses to do. I believe those are the Florida specific ones.

Respectfully,
“Crash”
ABH3

1 Like

Wanted to make another individual post instead of editing my original. Just for clarity. Forgive me if that’s not allowed…

The issue in my case had to deal with the certification pre req’s and pre-license req’s. The certification portion was pretty much done outside of mock inspections and signing the affidavit. The licensing was the part where I had a few “extra” courses to do.

@cmesser2 I’m also working out of Florida too if you need any help or networking.

1 Like