Looking for info on insurance and bonding

Originally Posted By: Greg Looney
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Gang! Loonmiester in the house and I’ve got a couple of questions. I’m working on a business plan and I need to know if I need to be bonded and what type of insurance is needed to protect myself. I have not passed the test yet, but have been spending a couple of hours daily to study. icon_eek.gif It wont be long! Thanks in advance for any advice. This site ROCKS! Loonmiester out-

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Gary

I don’t know what State you’re from so I can’t tell you what legal requirements you have, but most inspectors carry Errors & Ommisions and general Liability. as to your bondage question, everyone needs a hobby and who am I to criticise yours icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

No one ever asked for bonding. NACHI could easily set up a bonding service for our members.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Greg Looney

Thanks guys, someone asked me about the bonding, so I wasn’t sure. To Gerry… What’s wrong with combining work and fun? icon_twisted.gif Oh, and my father and brother’s names are Gary, mines Greg…but you can call me LOONMIESTER.

Originally Posted By: mbailey

We are bonded and have received several inspections based on that bit of info alone.

The people that ask like the feeling of security it provides - once they ask it often becomes the key sales point. Once they ask and you expound on it - it is no longer part of your companies features/services - it is a benefit the customer can relate to.

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE

Originally Posted By: jmyers

If I am not mistaken, I believe if you are using Griffith for your insurance needs, the policy includes bonding. While I don’t remember how much, I am sure it was not much, I am pretty sure it was included in the policy. Check your E & O before you buy, you may already have it.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY