Looking for Mentor in Connecticut

Hello Inspectors,

I am a Master Carpenter in Farmington Ct and am looking for a mentor. I completed my training and having trouble finding a mentor, there are no Mentors Listed in Ct with InterNACHI and the Inspectors I have talked to are not interested and DCP won’t help me find one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Andy Taylor

I truly wish we were closer…

Thanks Roy

I am not familiar with the NE but could you call around in Hartford, Springfield or New Haven just to do your training?

You may have to go farther to get away from “I’m not training my competition” mentality.

Maybe set up a week or two farther away to do it.

You are welcome to text me pictures to help answer questions. I’ll PM my PRIVATE cell phone number and good luck.

Thanks Larry,

I’m very comfortable with the whole process, If Mentoring wasn’t mandatory in Ct I would have been inspecting a year ago. I have done ride a few ride alongs with an inspector and understand the entire process. I have been a consultant for many years helping people find property, giving full evaluations, helping them understand what’s involved with the repairs and rough estimates for repairs so they know what they are getting into before they put a bid in. I am a Master Carpenter/Remodeler with extensive knowledge of codes and that help me through the testing process.

So basically I have been inspecting from a different approach for a long time. I understand it is different in the middle of a Realestate transaction and is different in a pre-sale Inspection.

I should be an easy mentee with my background and hopefully I will get someone to take me on in the near future. I agree that I may need to look outside of what would be a good working radius because of the competition issues, thanks for that advice and will keep in touch with my progress.

Don’t get me wrong, I will appreciate being walked through the entire process by a certified inspector and having guidance through the report process.

Meanwhile I’ll keep building and it will happen eventually :slight_smile:

Thanks Larry

Larry,

I will always appreciate any tips you have and thanks for putting your self out there to help someone get off the ground.

Sincerely,

Andy

You’re welcome, Andy.

Try CAHI, they have mentors. Connecticut Association of Home Inspectors.

Thanks Gary

Andy