Looking for nominations for the Inspector Hall of Fame.

I nominate Frank Carrio.

I nominate Michael D. Green. He joined with InterNACHI, we sued the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and we got InterNACHI members an injunction that exempted us from having to buy absurdly expensive insurance to place and pickup radon kits. More about him: https://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/listen-best-interview-very-successful-home-inspector-112915/#post1526400

I nominate Paul and Brenda Roebuck who founded TPREIA.

I nominate Heather Klimchuk, Minister of Alberta for the help she provided the inspection industry in AB.

I nominate Edgar Woodson who for more than a decade ran two New Jersey InterNACHI Chapters that each held monthly educational meetings. Had to have been the hardest working chapter president.

Are you kidding??? She was a Politician that arrived at the end of the process to sign where she was told to sign…

That clarifies things.

So what are the parameters? Do you just have to be a good inspector who spends lots of time on the message board and becomes popular? Or is there another level that needs to be reached that elevates you above the very good inspectors that are out there? Or is it someone that develops an “industry changing” program / product / technique?

I don’t think a true “Hall of Fame” of the Inspection Industry should just be a popularity contest of people who are, (I don’t want to offend anybody and it is not meant as a slight to anyone) “helpful” on a message board. That is what the yearly InterNACHI awards are for. It should be about the leaders and innovators in the INDUSTRY. JMHO.

Here is a nomination I would make. Douglas Hansen. I would say a large percentage of people wouldn’t recognize the name. But I would also say a very high percentage of inspectors use a Code Check book that he authors. He has made a difference to inspectors across the nation.

There is also Mike Casey and Kevin O’Malley. They are leaders in the inspection education field, authors, inspectors and pioneers in the Inspection conference field.

No, I quietly and privately met with her in person long before that and she helped us tremendously. She single-handedly changed the legislation for us.

I agree Stephen. I nominate Michael Casey.

And Alan Carson.

I also thing Ben Garrison is a good nominee. He’s worked for several of our industry’s E&O insurance providers and has a long history of helping inspectors with liability issues.

Oh, and Joe Scaduto. He’s probably not alive any longer, but he founded the first inspection association SPREI, a thousand years ago.

And probably Mike Crow.

And probably Seven Sasson… inventor of the digital camera.

And Hungarian physicist Kalman Tihanyi… inventor of the infrared camera.

And probably John McKenna. He did a lot of work bringing IR to our industry in the early days and did much for the MICB.

And probably my brother Ben.

And ASHI former president Marvin Goldstein’s father who formed the first home inspection company.

And Kenton Shepard who created the narratives for our industry, brought home inspections to other countries, authored the Mastering Roof Inspections series, and built the House of Horrors.

Nick Gromico
Chris Morrell
Lisa Endza
Raymond Wand
Claude Lawrenson
Bill Mullen
John Bowman First chair of the awards Committee and it is still an active group .
Blain Wiley
Dr. Keith Swift
Paul Sabados
Russel Spriggs
William Decker
Gary Johnson