Looking to purchase multiple Sun Nuclear 1027's

I am looking to pick up anywhere between 3-6 used Sun Nuclear 1027’s. Hoping someone wants to make a package deal.

Welcome to our forum, Flint!..Enjoy! :smile:

Do a search from the main forum page using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. There have been some for sale lately, if I recall right.

1 Like

I swear you were looking to buy 2 nuclear subs.

1 Like

I have 4 Sun Nuclear 1027’s. 2 have carrying cases. Includes power cables. They all need calibration. I’ll give you a package deal. Contact me at ekington2@yahoo.com

If you are still looking for 1027’s, I have several to sell.

Are you still looking to purchase? I have 2 Sun Nuclear 1027s in great operating condition. Another that needs service from Sun Nuclear. All will need calibration.

I switched to another brand per request of a radon mitigation installer for whom I am performing post mitigation radon testing.

info@stavlasinspect.com, 410-428-5507

Just an FYI, if that service is anything more than calibration, and if the unit is more than 10 years old, Sun will not repair them. They will calibrate them though.

Thank you Ryan. I already talked to Sun Nuclear. The calibration is $149 and the repairs is $70 for the service needed on the third monitor (MFR Date 2014). The repair falls within the service period.

The other two monitors work fine (MFR Dates 2007 and 2018).

2 Likes

Just out of my own curiosity and for learning, what repairs does the monitor need? How did you know it needed repairs? Bad cross check or something? Again, I’m just curious about it and not trying to put you on the spot or anything.

It works but does not detect radon. All the values show as zero. I stopped using it as a result. I called Sun Nuclear and they informed me that it can be repaired, and that it falls within the service period. I assume they would reolace the board and calibrate it. By this time, I already decided to switch all my monitors to Ecosense RadonEye Pro. Spending the time and money for repair and calibration for a monitor I do not intend to use does not make sense.

1 Like