Looking up of a A/C unit

I just went thought my Florida home inspector course. And I’m trying to figure how to look up age,coil size and the make of the coil.

Being this is your first post I am going to give you a break welcome aboard

size is found in the Model# 2 ton=24 -12,000 BTU = one ton and so forth 3 ton= 36 in the model #

The date of MFG is always in the serial #
http://www.buildingcenter.org/content/hvac-production-dateage

I understand how to look up tonnage I’m looking for coil size?

Coil size will be on the name plate on the box and is Identified the same as the exterior condenser 12,24,30,36,42,48 and 60

If name plate is gone your up the creek with no paddle

BTW why are you wanting coil size???

On the system’s model number there will be a number: 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 60. Take this number and divide by 12.
This will give the tonnage. i.e. 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5.

18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 60
1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5.

Generally in the Model Number on the outside condenser unit there will be 2 numerals that together will be a multiple of 6; for example 24, 30, 48 etc. If you divide that number by 12 it will give you the tons for your ac. In this example it would be 2 tons, 2.5 tons, 4 tons respectively

The date of production/manufacture or age of an HVAC system can be determined from the manufacture date located on the data plate along with the model and serial numbers.

Arthur,
Not all manufacturers include date on data plate as a individual item. SN is still used for manufacture date reference