Looks like another Red October!

Outta here, home run, Chase Utley.

Can’t believe that these umps actually got that double play call right.

Chase Utlety!!! Outta here!

Twice no less, good call on the dbl play. Shh Joe, don’t jinx it. :smiley:

A-Rod throwing some leather at the Phils: 5-4-3 DP followed by a 5-3 putout.

2 more runs

Lotta empty seats at Yankee Stadium.

I’m a be-Lee-ver!!

Doug Glanville gets it right.

Phils one game closer to ending 364-day World Series drought.

K-Rod goes down looking.

I have seen the Yankees 4 times in person, none of those times turned out well for them. ;):smiley:

I believe a popular saying at the time was “It takes more than 9 Yankees to beat our Johnson”.

If you are a baseball fan - fan of the game, that is - that was an outstanding game. Well played by both teams. The pitching was superb. The ump behind the plate, for the most part, got it right, though he did seem to be channeling Eric Gregg when Ryan Howard was at bat.

On the controversial double play, Buck and McCarver kept saying that Howard had “clearly trapped the ball”. He may have but I certainly couldn’t tell from the grainy replay that it was “clear” that he had done so.

I think that Howard may have thought that he trapped it because he ran to tag first base. If he thought that he had caught it cleanly, there would have been no need for him to throw to Rollins to double up Posada. He would have already been doubled up. I couldn’t believe that neither McCarver nor Buck pointed that out.

In the event, Howard’s behavior was far better evidence of a trap than the replay was.

Great Headline in the Philadelphia Daily News: Yanks Avert Sweep.

Hee-hee.

1030wrap.jpg

Well, I think we have the Yanks where we want them.

Hee hee.

JRol is such an in-your-face guy. Just saw him say re: Yanks “They like playing here [Yankee Stadium]. We like playing on the road. Should be fun.”

Love it!

Joe, I normally respect whatever you say, but with this one YOUR NUTS! The Phillies have to win two in a row in NY. I DON’T THINK SO.

I think the biggest mistake the Phila. fan has made is they thought they took the series after the first win. They seemed to forget the other six games.

If you are a baseball fan - fan of the game, that is - tonight should be savored. Two wily veteran pitchers, two explosive offenses, great baseball minds at the helm of both teams, parity at most positions - *criminy! *

When the Phils win tonight, it’s over for the Yanks.

IF is the operative word.