Love / Hate

Originally Posted By: Joe DiGiacomo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Thanks for sharing in advance. I am still getting my ducks in order, but getting closer starting my career as a HI. This site has been a huge help in the learning process. I am interested in knowing this about you old dogs and newbees out there. 1. What are the 2 things you most love about being in the HI business. 2. What are the 2 things you most hate about being in the HI business. It would be nice if you could include how long you have been a HI and what your background was before becoming a HI. I am hoping this will give me another perspective of the business I am about to enter.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Joe D,

It was nice meeting you on that ride along.

I don't know if I have two reasons for each but I certainly have at least one for each.

The thing I love the most is the freedom to work when I want and as hard as I want.

The thing I love the least is those unrealistic clients that expect you to be able to use your x ray vision on the walls.

My background is a simple one, I remodeled with my father since an early age. Not much of a code related background but I know when something is wrong when I look at it.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Joe,

I think the things I like the best are not being trapped inside four walls 8 hours or more per day, and meeting new people at every turn.

I will ditto Joe's post with the unrealistic client who wants to know how much longer everything will last, and then calls three years later because their toilet won't flush.

My background is college, construction superintendent and (GULP) retail management. ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif)

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Joe,

I've only been around about 8 months, but I agree with the other guys.

Background includes real estate broker, independent residential appraiser and most recently (11 years) business development manager for a commercial HVAC service/sales co.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect