love notes @ my website

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

To whomever has twice left me a love note on my website… I thank you for the hits as it will help my listing move up.

I traced the IP number, I know you're in Fraser MI, and I know you sent it from work. I tracked the hit to my site and it came from here. Should I get another anonymous note, I will forward all three to the management of your company.

I welcome constructive criticism. Call me on the phone, send me an email, or if you clean up your language ..post it right here.

Have the courage to sign your name. Leaving a graffiti style message is no different than being a punk with a spray can.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Are you sure this poster didnt use a phantom webserver, or broadcast from behind a firewall, or use a proxy, or utilize any of the anonymizer software currently available.

A punk with a spraycan. Wow.... and how would you, as a non-member of this org, characterize your own posts on an asset you have no rights to, other than what we allow you to do?

You sound like a hypocrite, Chad.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Guest

Joe,

At the very least, I sign my posts. Anonymous profanity is the work of an adolescent mind. That said, I'm not surprised at your response.

Originally Posted By: chorne

IHINA

nice web site, is that for real?

Hi Carla,

Is what for real? IHINA?

Originally Posted By: psabados

Gee Chad

You invite guests into your website home and they crap all over your carpet and you don't like it? Maybe you should look in the mirror at yourself and remember every time you point a finger at someone you have three pointing back at yourself. Sounds like reaping what you sow.

Do you have rules posted on how guests should control themselves when visiting you? Maybe you should require membership to view your site, with an on-line quiz to test the sincerity of the viewer.

In the mean time why don't you buy a rinse n vac to clean up the spots. Or you could just ban him! I truly sympathize with you about your website detractor. Oh well, life in the public just goes on.

Paul

Nope Paul that’s not it.

There's a huge difference between anonymous name calling using obscene language and me asking questions here or occasionally answering some.

I can respond to your sarcasm and I understand your feelings. We're both grown ups that voice our opinions and take responsibility for what we say, whether or not it makes us popular.

In all honesty, I could have just called the company and made a formal complaint against this individual, but I also realize that my thoughts posted on this site may have frustrated this person. What they've said to me may not be their normal demeanor. Giving this person the benefit of the doubt is what that post was all about.

Send me an email...call me a jerk. Be man enough to sign your name and we'll talk from there.

Even Farsetta is man enough to sign his name.

Originally Posted By: jrooff

What goes around comes around. So very true icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Look at the bright side Chad. They say love is blind.

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

laughs… John, you’re a class act.

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Thanks Chad but the only way that could be remotely possible is with some serious editing.

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: bbadger

Having a hard time trying to stop laughing at this turn of events. icon_lol.gif

Chad Fabry wrote:
There's a huge difference between anonymous name calling using obscene language and me asking questions here or occasionally answering some.

That is one persons opinion, as for myself I do not see much difference, you not as innocent as you paint yourself.

Oh the sweet irony. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Well at least you know it ain't me, I have no problem signing my name to my posts or emails we have exchanged.

Bob

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

Bob,

That's my point.. no love lost between us, but you're man enough to tell me how you feel to my face... at least sign you mail and your posts.

I don't mind the flack I get for voicing my opinions here; some of it actually makes me think about the issues more. It'd be different if I had a fake name and was hiding behind a router or firewall. I make my thoughts known and have the conviction to sign my name. If we can't agree there should be some honor in the argument.

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Quote:
If we can't agree there should be some honor in the argument.

Originally Posted By: Scotty Lee

Chad, could it be:

------------------

The above information with the name of a NACHI member was deleted.

Chad consider yourself lucky that you are in everyones thoughts. It must be nice to be on everyones mind day and night.

You and Jeff keep up the good work, it might make the difference to a new person entering the profession. I have never seen so many that are willing to fall on their sword and die for the leader of this club. Kind of reminds me of Jim Jones and his church of Koolaid! In Hawaii they use to just fling themselves in to Kilauea as an offering to the gods!

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: dvalley

No website?

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Scotty, do you have some knowledge that tells you that is who made the comments? Because he happens to be in the town that Chad said? So nobody else could work in that town? Looks like he may be an owner operator like most of us. And if he is, what would forwarding a complaint to his management(himself) do?

Or could it be any of the many people who might own their own company any number of miles from there and actually work in the same town as the individual you posted? Believe it or not, some of us have to work other jobs. I run my own company in Brooklyn Park and also work some 35 miles away in College Park. So if I made an anonymous post from College Park, would you assume it was an inspector whose company was based here?

Before you defame our members, maybe you should show some evidence to back up your assumptions. Frankly, I think your accusations without evidence are defamatory of our members. It's actions like those that I think the SC was trying to address when they released our rules here. I hope that if Mr. Bergeron is not the party he would step up and complain to the SC too.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Scotty Lee

dfrend wrote:

Or could it be any of the many people who might own their own company any number of miles from there and actually work in the same town as the individual you posted? Believe it or not, some of us have to work other jobs. I run my own company in Brooklyn Park and also work some 35 miles away in College Park. So if I made an anonymous post from College Park, would you assume it was an inspector whose company was based here?

All I did was a search and he is the only home inspector in that town and the only one for many, many, many miles.

Quote:
Before you defame our members, maybe you should show some evidence to back up your assumptions. Frankly, I think your accusations without evidence are defamatory of our members. It's actions like those that I think the SC was trying to address when they released our rules here. I hope that if Mr. Bergeron is not the party he would step up and complain to the SC too.

Mr. Friend I have not defamed anyone or accused anyone, all I did was ask if this was the person. Big difference. The majority of the defamatory comments on this website come from its own members. From what I have seen the unwanted NACHI guest are well behaved, but if a person goes against the grain(even a NACHI member) of the popular minority belief of those that post on this site than they are labeled troublemakers and told to leave or the silly emoticons start popping up(you don't see these on other professional sites). All of the information that I used came from the NACHI site, it is available to anyone with a computer.

Please prove that this person did not do it, better yet maybe Chad should post the entire post on this site along with the senders IP address.

I don’t know who sent the two notes. I don’t even know that it was a NACHI member. I do know that they got to my site by clicking the link in my signature from the NACHI board. I know the name and location of the company that the email originated from both times and the IP address.

The company is not HI related, so rather than inform the company that someone is using their resource (possibly on company time) to conduct a rather crude campaign to call me names, I gave the individual the chance to stop.