Low Inventory Anyone?

The year-end data just came out for the Portland metro area and we’re at .6 months. That’s 1/10 of what is considered a normal market. No wonder it’s a bit slow right now. Hard to sell inspections when there are no houses.

4 Likes

That’s been the case in my area for the last 2 years. Existing home sales were crazy because new construction was almost none existence because of building cost. Still a lot of demand for existing homes, but the inventory is really low. That’s also why all these bidding wars are going on. Sellers market for sure.

2 Likes

Same here in Calgary, the inventory is very low. Houses are selling within hours of listing. What cost $450,000. Is now $500,000.

1 Like

Here in GA, MLS has a ton of information. None of it is good news at the moment.

1 Like

But InterNACHI keeps pushing/advertising for More people to become home inspectors. And become one for FREE.

InterNACHI is also a business. They are trying to make money and smartly pushing home inspections, and what can be a lucrative career while people are being forced off work by covid. Smart business in my opinion.

1 Like

Of course it is…for InterNACHI. Where else could you receive a professional certification for less than $1,000?

1 Like

Being a vendor to home inspectors, especially new ones, is way more lucrative than actually being a home inspector, lol. I just gotta come up with a good idea or a tool or something that no one has yet, lol. :grin:

3 Likes

Chris… remember when NACHI was going to cap membership at 10,000?
Think that was 2006/2007?
That lasted all of maybe 6 months!!

2 Likes

But then you wouldn’t have me, which would be a real bummer no?

6 Likes

According to Movoto.com
Oh yeah. Way down from last year, same time this year.

1 Like

NO!

JK :wink: LOL

3 Likes

And me, which isn’t saying a whole lot… :shushing_face: :thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

At least you admit it!! :wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate you Thomas. Maybe everyone who joined after 2007 should have our own forum where we talk about how cranky the old-timers are.

4 Likes

Can’t even tell you how many times I have said the same thing. :laughing:

2 Likes

I actually have an idea for something fairly simple and low cost that would help a lot of new inspectors. I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet to develop it. Maybe if it ever gets above zero here in MN I will venture out to the store and buy some supplies to make my prototype. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You pretty much have that now.
Except for a handful of stubborn old bastards, most of us have left this hellhole (with the advent of the new “self-moderated” MB), only to return when we are REALLY bored and someone worthwhile is in genuine need of assistance!

1 Like

tumblr_b667b4d7f2a1ec79c11d1bd1e6e891ac_c6d288ed_500

5 Likes

I actually am incredibly indebted to the old-timers on this board who tell it like it is (or at least like it should be). I was referring more to an area where us newbies could talk shit about you guys without you knowing. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like