Low temp. out of vent.

Originally Posted By: mcameron
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Any ideas on what would cause a low temp 40 degrees to come out of the vents?

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

Mike, I think we need more info here icon_exclaim.gif

Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

It was about 80 degrees out, the system seemed to be running properly. I just have never had a reading down to 40, it has always been around 50-55.

Originally Posted By: cbottger

Mike if you had 40 degrees discharging from the supply registers

what was the return air temperature.

Don’t argue with an idiot someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Originally Posted By: cbottger

Mike

There you go that is part of the problem with a Delta T or TD of 24 degrees you are not out of range. Who in the world would want a return of 64 degrees the unit would have to run non stop to achieve those kinds of temperatures I prefer a cool home but that would be cold enough to hang meat. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

I inspected a home last summer that had the A-coil drain pan with holes the size of silver dollars draining straight into the plenum. The home had a crawl space and I observed water dripping from the plenum under the home and water leaking from the ducts approximately 20 feet downstream from the plenum.

--
Don't argue with an idiot someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Originally Posted By: Gary Reecher

icon_question.gif By chance is this a heat pump system? Could be that you are measuring the temp when the outdoor unit is in defrost mode and for some reason the air handler electric strips or furnace if this a duel fuel unit is not coming during defrost mode.

Gary Reecher, CM

HVAC Service Technician

MechAcc's Carbon Monoxide Site Links