Lowest Price Marketing by NACHI member Bob Kille.

I see…you have no source other than your own thoughts…which you are certainly entitled to. Thanks.

No, James, I have offered areass where you can go research and will very likely find reports indicaiting exactly what I stated. I am a little busy getting reports out and don’t have time to teach you Marketing 101.

I notice you have posted zero links (non-NACHI of course) to support your hypothesis that rasing prices increases buisiness.

That’s okay. Should I ever seek such training, I think I will find a more credible source for instruction. Thanks, all the same.:wink:

Sorry that you are so offended by opposing points of view. I would think that you would be accustomed, by now.

Who took offense? I am offering an alternative marketing strategy to that often touted here.

I really do not have time to research what I know to be accepted marketing principles, whereas the opposing view has little but puff articles (see the initial post) from non-credentialed people regarding marketing.

I was sharing my experience so that others who are trying the nick method and wondering why their phones are not ringing understand that there are effective alternatives that can produce more rapid success.

So…your marketing expertise exceeds Nick’s, you feel. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t agree, and am thick skinned enough to take whatever criticism you wish to place upon me for doing so, Joseph.

As I said in an earlier post, you are worth the price you charge. You charge less than your competitors. I will leave it there…:wink:

And as I said before - I hope all my comeptitors in the area compete for teh same small percentage of the market that is impressed by status or desires to overpay.

I don’t know if my marketing accumen surpasses nick’s or not. I know that as a newbie I bought into hte hype and tried that method, along with other marketing strategies that were based on sound principles, meeting with very limited success.

I re-examined the startegies - found that the overprice strategy was not a sound amrketing principle and changed it. Business picked up significantly (75% more within 3 months - some of which was hangover marketing from teh previous months to be fair - and a steady increase every month throught the rest of year one). Then, combined with Referral Reqards marketing in Year 2, business boomed.

I am not here to make anyone believe in any one strategy. I am offering an alternative strategy that has proven successful for me, and I think can be easier and meet with more immediate success for newbies.

My respect for Nick and his proven marketing expertise is shared by many. His advice is sound.

The temptation for new people trying to compete with established businesses is to “give it away” at what they call a “competitive” price. They exchange money for referrals that established companies get for free, thus adding even more to their cost per inspection…and inspection, by the way that they discount in price to begin with. They call this “marketing”.

What Nick, and the author he has published on this thread are advocating is to establish a reasonable fee that you wish to make…then expend your marketing efforts to convince your prospective clients that you are worth that price.

Even unestablished companies get referrals for free.

The trick is not to get them - that will happen anyway if you are good. The trick is to get LOTS of them and actively encourage it -there by increasing business more rapidly and increasing the base of potential references more rapidly.

I would not expect you to subscribe to this proven, effective technique either since you have argued against it in the past. The fact remains, however, that it is works (and is also used effectively by dozens of other professions - as documented in other threads).

Marketing takes many forms, and pricing strategies as an element of marketing is an accepted and effective practice. Boutique pricing strategies are more difficult to use successfully - this is one reason that there are fewer small mom and pop stores and more Lowe’s, Walmarts, etc.

New inspectors often have a difficult time marketing themselves as worth an over-inflated price since there is no experience, referral base, or other tangible element to market. (Simply selling training and tools won’t cut it at the high end of the market place.)

Pricing is an individual issue to be set, as desired, by each individual inspector. Some will subscribe to your theory (hopefully ALL of my local competition) and some will try mine. Having tried both, I have found the latter to provide a faster start up, with an easily maintained (and increased) rate of business.