Main Panel Size

Look closer. Flipping off the 200 amp breaker will not cut power to the 125 amp breaker. They are both fed individually from meter.

That is correct. What they have done is place both Main Breakers for the Main panel and the Sub-panel in the same place, essentially. The Main is a 200 amp service and the Sub is a 125 amp service, obviously.

Yep, the 200A breaker AND the 125A breaker IS the service disconnect.

These are the types that are popular here in the Las Vegas Valley. I am sorry for the poor quality photos.

How do I turn these photos the right way up?

Since there are two service disconnects how do you determine the size of the service?

I’m no expert by any means, but I would go with the highest main. As in my case, 200A.

Use a free photo editing program like Xnview

OK, I cropped it and lightened the exposure. I’ve never seen one like this.

The top breaker is for the sub and the other for the main.
On deadfront cover someone wrote subpanel at that top knockout.

NACHI2.jpg

NACHI2.jpg

Thank you! I’ll give that a try.

enlighten us grasshopper.

IMO you would use the ampacity of the service entrance conductors once you’ve installed more than a single service disconnect.

This may help, take look at the diagram in post #34:

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=165201&highlight=multiple+service+disconnects

That drawing helped me wrap my head around it. Everything is mostly underground here and I do not have enough balls to snip off the power company tag to peek inside. Not for a fear of electrocution but rather getting in trouble with the homeowner or power company.