Mandatory Home Inspections?

Very true, I have been receiving calls from Lenders each week this month.

Never in the past have I ever had a loan officer call to schedule an inspection, and they were paying for it…I have no idea if the buyer is actually paying for it out of escrow proceeds, but the Lender ordered the inspection and their company paid for the inspection.

I have done bank required inspections a lot recently.

In my area, the lenders are sending more appraisers out to perform inspections and if they do send out an inspector most send out an uncertified inspector because they are selling the loan any way. My bank inspections have dropped about 2/3s. The honest bankers are claiming that Realtors are on their butts about loans not going though, especially with government loans. Sad but true.

That sucks James.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/money/consumer/call_for_action/da%E2%80%99s-office-investigates-two-home-rental-services-after-consumers-complained

I think perhaps we need to go after apartments and rental units. I have sent a packet to our district attorney and information on how apartment inspections could be helpful informing renters of sub-par rental properties. It is just no one pushes them here, and owners will not let us into their properties.