Marketing Starter Kit

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

We’re looking into putting together a marketing starter kit that will help new inspectors market themselves. This kit will help them prepare (with free templates and discounts, for example) business cards, brochures and flyers, web sites, letterheads, et cetera. I’m interested in what types of things you would like/have liked to have in this kind of kit?

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://yHeg9YFAd6OcvRlI7qh7rs8gqg.html)

Originally Posted By: rking

Chris,

Being a relative newby still, I can say the one thing that I really wish I had would be a website. The cost is so prohibitive though that it makes bad business sense for me to spend that much money on one until I can get enough of a reputation that people will go looking for my site.

I also think brochure templates would be a great idea. I have designed and printed my own cards and brochures but I know a lot of people either do not have the time or the inclination to do so.

I also think some sort of introductory letter to realtors promoting ones business is a great idea, I have a couple of my own and I am working on more.

Muskoka Home Inspections

“Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences”

Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

It’s funny how you can mistype the same thing over and over in the same message, even though you know perfectly well that it’s wrong. I have to say, in the months that we’ve had the spell-checker, the only thing it’s corrected me for was “teh” and “NACHI” (before we added it to the dictionary) – so I stopped using it. Oh well.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://yHeg9YFAd6OcvRlI7qh7rs8gqg.html)

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Igor,

Did you get your 20 bucks? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: kpapp

As you all know, I am still in the very very very early stages of gettin started up. Anything that can help would be great. Even ideas for laying out a flyer or web page would be wonderful…Ken icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: rking

Muskoka Home Inspections

“Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences”

Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: dbush

Ken, go to the benefits page & also e-mail Nick. There is an advertising committee that will review your brochures, etc.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick is absolutely awesome at marketing material. Send it to Nachi to take a look over it, then they will send it back with suggestions on what to change.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

For Websites they can acutally be done for a cheap price. I have mine up for less then $30 a year. I registered the domain for $7.99 and paid $23.50 for the Web hosting, which includes more space and bandwidth then I will use. Also My whole site is just a template that I got off the internet for free. I still have a couple of pages to go but I just use it for marketing and don’t expect a ton of traffic. Although in four months I have gotten 16 inspections from it.

http://www.cmhionline.com

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Russell Stephens

I agree I registered my name for 2 years for $17.00 I forward it to my free webspace given to me by my ISP and I use a very simple web design software called ixla web easy millennium. I still have a lot of work to do but you can check it out. Also let me know what you think I need user feedback as to ways to improve the sight.

I soon as I get a good picture I will post this ugly mug on the web site. LoL

Yea I already know the link to NACHI does not work, I am fixing that now.

www.tristatehomeinspecitons.com

Originally Posted By: Russell Stephens

typographical error oops.

www.tristatehomeinspections.com