I am in the beginning phases of hiring my first marketing assistant and was wondering if anyone had a job description for that position.
Easy enough to google
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the marketing manager, internal teams, clients and partners on marketing strategy.
- Helping identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Learning and working with various types of software for digital marketing.
- Working closely with sales and marketing department.
- Creating marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations.
- Giving presentations.
- Maintaining a marketing database.
- Providing administrative support to the marketing and sales team.
- Preparing, formatting and editing a range of documents.
- Understanding company product and brand.
- General office duties.
- Creating and interpreting a variety of reports.
- Organizing market research.
- Analyzing questionnaires and other forms of feedback.
- Updating social media accounts.
Marketing Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good organization skills.
- Related job and internship experience.
- Digital marketing experience.
First you have to decide what exactly you want your marketing assistent to do.
Do you mean someone who’s going to go to offices? Make phone calls?
Or do you mean someone who’s going to update your website and post to social media for you?
If you’re not clear on what you want, you won’t find someone who knows what you want them to do.
You will get 1001 people sending you resumes telling you how great they are at sitting on their couch and posting to Instagram.
I appreciate your comments.