McCain's VIP Selection....Laughed at by the Media

Duh? Duh?:roll:

What ever happened to the idea of selecting a VP Candidate who is actually able to immediately step into the Presidency when necessary?

McCain has been caught making a desperate decision that does nothing to add real value to his ticket…but was a manipulative, political act…and it has backfired.

Next comes the photo ops as Johnny and his VPILF run around the South looking for an opportunity to appear to be relevent.

Biden has to laughing his butt off.

I see no one can answer.

It is difficult. Your argument about “qualifications” for presidents would eliminate some very good leaders.

How did you come up with these “qualifications” that you claim Obama lacks?
Did you make them up yourself or is it written somewhere?

**Note to James and the rest:

It’s the Obama supporters questioning Palin’s credentials. **

We’re only pointing out that if you in insist on going there, Obama has even fewer and that’s for the #1 slot.

Now if you want to talk about the candidates positions on policy I’m all ears.

What ever happened to the Dems selecting a candidate for president that actually had some type of valid qualification beyond I’m not the other guy? :roll:

You answer my question, first.

I feel your pain. As a Republican, I, too, look at the party ticket and hang my head in shame. The only argument you have is your perception that Obama is worse.

You’ve lost the debate…and you will lose the election.

I am finally beginning to see some McCain bumper stickers, not many but a few, best one so far is… “We suck, but Obama is worse - McCain-Palin 08”

Surely the logic of voting for Obama has never been “Vote for me because I am the Anti-Bush messiah” … :roll:

Was Lieberman ready?

Was Gore ready?

Was Quayle ready

Was Cheney ready?

Was Ford ready?

Was Mondale ready?

Was Nixon ready?

Was Johnson ready?

Was Agnew ready?

Was Barkley ready?

My question to this debate where there are no winners or losers, just opinions is: What are the qualifications to be VP or President? The most qualified leaders who could/would make a difference will not run for office of President or choose not to be chsoen for the VP.

Where have all or our leaders gone?

I’m laughing with tears as I type this.

McCain’s second wife defending her husband’s VPILF choice…“Alaska is close to Russia”…You have to see this!!!

I asked this question and the Obama haters cannot answer. They can say he is “unqualified”, but remain silent when asked what “qualifications” they refer to and where they come from.

Lincoln and Kennedy, by their measure of no “executive experience” were also “unqualified”. Same with Nixon, Johnson and Truman.

These “qualfications” they refer to are very subjective and, as long as they are the ones defining them, the person they oppose will always certainly fall short.

Glad I’m not alone in my regard for McSame’s VP pick. Anyone who thinks that this cutie will soak up any Hillary supporters is just as nutsy as McCain.

The Worst Vice-Presidential Nominee in U.S. History
Robert J. Elisberg
Posted August 29, 2008 | 04:30 PM (EST)

There was a TV ad for deodorant that said, “Never let them see you sweat.” The John McCain campaign has just showed the world that it is drenched.

Selecting Sarah Palin as its choice for a vice presidential candidate is perhaps the worst such choice in American History. To be fair, maybe there are worse choices, but I don’t know how bad William O. Butler was when he ran with Lewis Cass against Zachary Taylor.

But it’s far worse than Dan Quayle, who was a sitting senator. Worse even than Geraldine Ferraro, who at least served in Congress for three-terms. And far worse than William Miller, a choice so obscure when selected by Barry Goldwater that he (honestly) later did an American Express commercial asking, “Do you know me?” And that ad was after the election. But even Miller had been a Congressman for 12 years. And been a prosecutor during the Nuremberg War trials against Nazis. Sarah Palin lists her credits as a hockey mom.

There was a point during the Republican primaries when I was trying to figure out who I hoped got the presidential nomination. Someone so weak he’d be easy for the Democrats to beat, or someone more challenging who at least wouldn’t be a disaster for America. I decided on the latter because America has to resolve its serious problems and can’t afford risking some glitch where another George Bush got elected. And so I felt that John McCain, for all his weaknesses, was the lesser of all evils and was glad he got the nomination. Throw that out the window. McCain-Palin is an unthinkable disaster.

I completely understand the reasoning behind the decision for John McCain to select Sarah Palin. Absolutely. It’s the thinking that settled on Sarah Palin that’s missing.

Read it all here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/the-worst-vice-presidenti_b_122491.html

The Obamamites claim that GOP’s VP is “not presidential ready” because of her short resume, duck the challenge of illustrating how their DNC Presidential candidate’s even weaker resume makes him more “presidentail ready” and then try to save face by complaining about the lack of standards for determining presidential qualifications. Can we say double standards? :roll:

James,

Your diversion will not work.

What qualifies one to be president?

It’s the Obamites that are claiming Palin is not ready.

What makes anyone ready?

Pick your criteria and Obama is even less “qualified” unless you only want to focus on the all too prevalent touchy feely criteria. Even then, Obama doesn’t trump when you scratch a little below the surface hype.

Keep trying though, your arguments tend to fall on their face quite quickly for those paying atentinon.:wink:

It was Obama that started the “I’m not Bush” and “we must not have a 3rd Bush term”

You cannot not simply ignore those substantial facts.:smiley:

The only benefit that came out of reading this mile-long editoral was learning that Robert J. Elisberg is a long-winded, conservative-hating liberal who is incapable of of articulating a case against Sarah Palin. What a waste of time reading. :roll:

See what I mean? Not even the critics know what the mysterious “qualifications” are that Obama allegedly lacks.

They cling to the little argument they have…“My candidate does not suck as bad as your candidate”. The few conservatives who are still clinging on with the hopes that the party will somehow change and become conservative again…deserve better. I feel sorry for them.

From my perspective McCain displayed that he is imminently more qualified than Obama during the Saddleback interviews.

No question that McCains response on the Georgia conflict is far more presidential.

Obama

McCain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSIpU9eJwBc

What qualifies anyone to be president James? Obama included?

Your candidate sucks, my candidate sucks. I’m sorry for all of us.

We no longer have statesmen with vision and new workable ideas.
We have pandering politicians that make political calculations and pronouncements in the hope of convincing enough of the uncommitted middle to win.

It’s a sad state of affairs indeed, but we are stuck with it for now.

But we are where we are so let’s continue to bash the other guy.:wink:

Now what were Obama’s qualifications again?

Since you will continue to evade the question and refuse to disclose your definition of “qualifications” and its source, I will have to guess that you limit this to “executive experience” since it is the only qualification you have attributed to the VPILF.

I will use your definition of “qualifications” which you say he lacks, and state that Obama has the same “qualifications” as Lincoln and Truman.

Well said John.

The Obamites know their guy failed miserably at Saddleback and will avoid all reference to his joke of a “nuanced” performance. Having failed at trying to discredit McCain by claiming McCain knew the questions in advance because he wasn’t in the “cone of silence” they are forced to ignore the entie event and pretend that their guy is still the right guy while attempting to discredit anything that McCain does or decides.:roll::roll:

Now wasn’t it Obama that didn’t want to engage in politics as usual? Hmmm. That seems t have gone out the window.