MD requirements

Originally Posted By: pdacey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It’s looking like I will most likely be moving to MD in July of 2006. I know MD currently does not have any legislation governing home inspectors. Are there any concerns I should be aware of with regard to an HI business in MD? What about ancillary services like radon testing?

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: vdisciullo

Patrick,

Maryland does have some legislation on the books although there is no money to fund it so it is open season. As far as radon goes, there is no Md dept. but I'm not sure if you can measure radon for money without a Radon test cert. from NRSB or NEHA. Check with EPA radon office in Philly.

Ps. where in MD or you moving?

Vince

Thanks Vince.

Don't know where we'll settle. We used to live in Silver Spring. My wife would be working out at Andrews AFB. It would have to be somewhere affordable, nice neighborhood, affordable, convenient for her to commute and did I say affordable? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I know we'll be in sticker shock when we start house hunting because real estate up there is ridiculous.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636

Originally Posted By: vdisciullo

Patrick,

Real estate is ridiculous, especially in the DC metro area. There should be plenty of work for you to hit the ground running though. Let me know of anything you may need such as Drinking water testing info, septic, local labs, and I'm keeping track of any legislative action that comes down the pike.

Vince

Thanks Vince. As we get closer I will take you up on it.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636